Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opacity bug

AI CC 2018
    I turned the opacity down on a selection to see below layers. Then I went to work on below layers. Upon returning to original layer and re-selecting the object to return it to 100% opacity it showed I was already at 100%. I could not get it back to 100% until I copied and pasted the object to a new layer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

It seems like opacity is applied on the Layer and not on the object inside that layer. It is possible that the user is selecting object inside the layer and not the layer itself. Hence the user is able to see the opacity of object which is 100% in this case and not the changed opacity of layer.

2. Color discripancy between "View on CPU" and "View on GPU" on a Mac with M1 chip

I'm now running AI on a macbook pro with M1 chip.
    I noticed that when I switching "View on CPU" to "GPU", all colors became whiter and inaccurate (images inserted in AI became much whiter than the objects created and colored in AI).
    I've checked my older Macbook pro with intel CPU and AMD graphic card, the colors keep the same and accurate when I switch from CPU to GPU.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gradient stroke cannot be cut and pasted.

Reproduction:

1. Draw a path with a gradient stroke and no fill.

2. Select and cut or copy the path.

3. Paste. Normally, In Front, Behind, or In Place.

4. The expected result is, of course, a new copy of this gradient-stroked path.

5. Actual results range from a copy of the path with the stroke expanded, an image that was cut and paste sometime last week, or an error popup that says "This operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [PDF!]"

Seen on OSX 10.14.6 with AI 24.1 and AI 24.1.2.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. White color text is showing as black

I just updated my CC and now my text will not change to white, it remains black. The text will change to any other color, just not white.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color Undo not working

1. Select an object

2. Move object

3. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter

4. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter

5. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter

6. press 'cmd+z' (undo)
      The color changes are skipped undo jumps to 1. (Undo: Move object)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pantone Solid Spot colors added from InDesign to a CC Library become Magenta Process colors in Illustrator

A Pantone Solid Spot color (or any Lab spot color) added to a CC library in InDesign will become 100% Magenta CMYK Process color in the Swatches panel when added from the CC library by double clicking in Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Issues with changing tint by typing in % value and hitting Return key

Illustrator 2018 CC 22.0.1
    Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

As per video, after typing in a numerical value for a tint on a global colour in the Color Panel and hitting Return, the value defaults back to original value. In my video, it shows that it’s having issues with values of 50% and 100% but this occurs randomly and can happen with different tint values.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CMYK values changes

On opening existing file and embedded profile mismatch, selecting "Convert doument's colors to the working space". will change K=100% to black defined in all CMYK values.
    However opening the file keeping embeeded profile and hereafter assign the profile keeps the values intact

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New swatch is NOT global by default

1. Use the color panel to customize a fill or stroke color.

2. Drag the fill or stroke box into the body of the Swatches panel to create a swatch for the color.

3. Swatch is not global as stated in https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. document color mode

Document Color mode switching automatically to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0" every time I switch windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Eye Dropper picks up the wrong values when sampling a filled clipping mask

I am using Mac OS 10.15.7 and am able to consistently reproduce this bug in both AI CC 2021 but as far back as AI CS5 running in Mac OS 10.6.8

When a fill is applied to a clipping mask, the eye dropper will pick up incorrect CMYK/RGB values. This is especially problematic when a pure black is replaced by a 4 color process build in the printing industry.

I would expect to eye drop the exact values applied to the object I've clicked on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cambios automaticos en ajustes de color

El programa automaticamente se cambia al ajuste de color: "Emular Adobe Illustrator 6.0" aun cuando ya tenga otro ajuste de color, el software persiste en cambiarse de codigo de color en cualquier momento.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Apply gradient across stroke

I have applied a gradient to my brush tool. I want to change the stroke so that the gradient is across the stroke. I click on that option, but the appearance of my stroke does not change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Eyedropper not selecting color outside Illustrator new bug v25.1

I have always been able to drag the eyedropper tool outside of the illustrator window to sample colors - until v25.1

Now, all colors sampled outside are black or greyscale. I am holding shift to override the Appearance setting in Eyedropper options. This is a new bug.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color Nightmares in 2021 version!! Nothing matches or stays the same!

Colors are NOT staying the same between HEX values and RGB settings in Illustrator 2021. WE are having a major shitstorm here on this as we are finalizing a Brand Manual and NOTHING is matching of staying the same when we reopen the file. HELP!!!!

And some RGB colors are showing up as BLACK in the color sliders when they are NOT black at all!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Profile Keeps Changing

Hi,

My RGB colour settings keep changing back to display. I have the original file set up as sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and when I copy and past anything in I get a warning if there are any colour mismatch issues. If there are any issues I click assign working profile. When I close and reopen that file it has now changed to Display.

I'm using
    macOS Catalina Version 10.15.17
    Illustrator Version 25

I'm work on branding projects so it's important that colors are consistent. How do I get illustrator to stop changing my color profiles?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problem deleting Spot Color

When I attempt to delete Pantone swatch for the swatch that's being used in my design, it should give us the warning to replace color just like InDesign. Instead, it just converts the color to CMYK without you even knowing which is a problem when you're trying to make sure you're only working with limited spot colors in the document. I remember getting warnings before like InDesign does... is this something new in the application? Could you please fix this issue?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator is changing my colors

I'm working on Interl(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU, Windows 10 Family. Latest version of Illustrator.

I put the right colors on my Artwork on illustrator but as soon as I save it and reopen it, the colors changed. It stays in a dark green but it's never exactly the one I put in the first place.

Example: I put #336633, save it. When I reopen it, it has changed in #006633 or 336733 ot 316738 or 356633 or even 40683c or 789c4a

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Align Stroke on live text not working

I have written out some text and trying to align the stroke to the outside or inside and this isn't working, I have tried this on two different Windows computers.

Both computers are using Windows 10 Pro and Illustrator 24.0.1

I have attached a video so you can see the bug, I also show it on two fonts and a shape which works but the alignment of a stroke and stroke profile don't work on live text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base