Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

62 results found

1. Version info disappeared from “Get Info” of Finder

macOS 10.12.6
    CC 22.1

For ai files saved using v22.1, version info is not displayed in “Get Info” of Finder.
    When checking with xattr command, com.apple.ResourceFork did not exist in those file.
    Did the specifications change?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resource Fork in .ai files are removed in version 22.1. This is done to prevent an intermittent crash while saving Illustrator files to smb volume on macOS 10.13. Apple deprecated resource fork many years ago.

Following Apple document talks about deprecations that lead to removal of Resource From .ai files
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/releasenotes/General/CarbonCoreDeprecations/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012224-CH1-SW28

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreservices/carbon_core/file_manager?language=objc

2. Local file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

LOCAL file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

Even though I only work on my local drive, opening or saving a simple document takes up to 2 minutes when I'm connected to a slow VPN connection server. Note: I don't open/save through the VPN, I only opens and saves from my local drive.

The second I close the slow VPN connection, Illustrator works like normal and saves the same file in <3 seconds.

So -- What is Illustrator doing accessing that VPN connection when everything it needs is on the local disk?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Illustrator CC 2018(Mac) Crashes every time I save

Every time I save Illustrator quits and creates a weird .tmp pdf file? forcing me to save as every time I need to save

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. REMOVE THE POPUPS - share online

please remove the annoying popup ... i will never share or use google cloud for any business documents.
    and i hate HATE popups that will not go away. i never want to see any popups.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unit issue with DXF exported from Illustrator

Hello,
    Units are not correct when exporting DXF files from Illustrator CC.

A 100 mm diameter circle exported from illustrator CC (22.0.1) is opened in Creo Parametric 4.0 (M070) and measures 2540 mm.

My CC options are in millimeters
    $INSUNITS in DXF file should be defined to 4 = Millimeters
    Actually it is exported with 1 and this is incorrect.

Changing $INSUNITS from 1 to 4 in Notepad is not a sustainable solution !

Default drawing units for AutoCAD DesignCenter blocks:
    https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/header_section_group_codes_dxf_02.htm

Thanks you for tanking in consideration this problematic.

Best regards

Nicolas Bourgeois

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDF Export/Save .joboptions not appearing; cannot use PDF/X-4:2010 Standard joboptions

Adobe PDF Export presets (.joboptions) that work in ID, PS do not appear as options in Save As > PDF in AI.

Edit > Adobe PDF Presets... show they are installed. Attempting to Install them manually returns an error: "The preset '[XX.joboptions]' is not recognized as a valid .joboptions file." They cannot be Edited nor Exported from this dialog. (Even though they can be Edited and reimported in other apps.)

Affected presets use PDF/X-4:2010 Standard.

Illustrator requires PDF Export presets specifying Standard PDF/X-4:2007 or lower/None.

Creating new presets within Illustrator and selecting "Standard: PDF/X-4:2010" in the dialog actually creates .joboptions…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

7. Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. Bad parameter.

Having this issue after the 27.3.1 update. Found that it cause by the mask inside the transparency. The error prompt out when we try to save the file.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. illustrator cc 2018 wrong in export psd after rasterized

colors change in file export with pantone, my steps are as follows:
    1- I have created a file in illustrator CC 2018 with 8 spot colors or pantone.
    2- rasterize the file with the function "keep spot colors " flagged
    3- export the .psd image with the function in the connection tab
    4- the resulting file has changed colours and wrong result

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

9. DXF files not coming in to scale

Catalina
    New Illustrator update 25.1 — DXF scaling is off, not correct.
    Original size nor does it work using 100% scaling import.
    Previous version no problem... DXF files come in to scale "original size"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have fixed the issue in AI version 25.2. Would request you to let us know in case you still run out into this issue.

Thanks,
    -Ravi Gupta
    Illustrator Team

10. SVG Stroke Widths are not scaled according to viewBox

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected: it should display two horizontal lines
    actual: it appears as a rectangle because the lines are touching

here are two lines, 200px apart, with 100px stroke width in a 500x500 SVG with a viewbox of 1000x1000. since the viewbox is twice the size of the SVG document, the stroke width should be scaled down to 50px and the lines should not overlap.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clicking on File > File Info... does nothing and sometimes locks up

When opening a file or creating a new file, nothing happens when I click on File > File Info...

The menu bar disappears and all menu options are grayed out. I can sometimes hit escape and it clears the condition, but I'm unable to open the File Info dialog. Other times, it completely locks up and I have to Force Quit.

On version Illustrator 22.0.1
    Running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

12. Saving a file should not highlight the extension

When saving (copy, exporting, etc), the save box highlights the extension. This should not happen. Soon as you choose a different format, the extension is no longer highlighted (which is good and how it should be). The extension should not be highlighted. This Illustrator bug happened after the Mac Catalina update.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PNG Not exported with Black Background

Export Element > PNG > Background Color Black not working

Illustrator Version: CC2018, 22.0.1 (64-bit)
    Language: German

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SVG files scaling issue

At the opening, AI does not take in consideration a transform define in a <use /> in a SVG file and all elements defined in this section have wriong scale (see displayingissue.png). This is not obsevable in any web browser and competitor tool. In attachement, inital SVG file and the file modified (*_AI.svg) to get correct displaying in AI.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SVG export for screens not working properly.

Windows 11 22000.556 / Illustrator 26.1

Hi there,

The SVG file exported through "Export for screens" is corrupted when opened with any web browser, Illustrator or Photoshop.

I managed to export it properly by installing an older version of Illustrator (26.0.3). Previously I tried uninstalling and installing version 26.1, restarting the computer, etc and it didn't work.

Best,
    Alex

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator CC 2018 in macOS High Sierra Save 'Adobe PDF' presets/.joboptions scrambled, unsorted, mixed up

Since the Illustrator CC got updated to 2018 in macOS High Sierra, whenever saving as Adobe PDF, the PDF print settings/job options got all scrambled/mixed up in the 'Save Adobe PDF' dialog.

These should be sorted alphabetically, but as you can see they're all mixed up. A couple of colleagues are also experiencing this. Is there any way to workaround/fix this issue? See related thread from InDesign - could a startup JSX fix this issue?

See my original post on the Illustrator users forum: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10419940#

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. illustrator save as PDF bug - v24.0

i have a problem with the new version of illustrator 2020 (v24):

if i save a file as PDF i am not able to open it or preview it
    - see the test.pdf how all pdf files saved under illustrator v24 looks for me...

System: iMac Pro 2017 - Mojave 10.14.6

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

18. TIFF形式で書き出す時に日本語でファイル名をつけるとTIFFファイルのレイヤー名が文字化けする

Illustrator ver25.3.1 ja_JP/Macintosh
    macOS10.15.6

再現手順
    1.アートボード上にアートワークを用意する。
    2.ファイルメニュより「書き出し>書き出し形式」を選択しオプションのTIFFファイルを選択する。
    3.書き出されたTIFFファイルをPhotoshopで開くとレイヤー名が文字化けしている。

結果
    TIFFファイルのレイヤー名が文字化けしている。

期待する結果
    TIFFファイルのレイヤー名がver.25.2.3での結果のように正常に出力される。

これは大勢に影響のない問題ですが、一連のUnicodeテキストの取り扱いに関する不具合だと考えられます。
    書き出されたTIFFファイルのイメージリソースブロック中の8BIMシグネチャ(TIFFファイルはリトルエンディアンですからファイル内のバイト順序は逆転してMIB8で保持されています)の関連する識別子が2つあります。このうちnormがシフトJISコードでビッグエンディアンにて記述されます。もうひとつのluniはUnicodeでリトルエンディアンで記述されるのが本来の状態です。このluniの方が文字化けを起こす要因です。しかし、どの様な変換エラーなのかまでは把握できませんでした。以下は不具合が生じている部分の抜粋です。いずれもファイル名は「テスト-1.tif」としています。

ver.25.2.3による出力
    C630 B930 C830 2D00 3100

ver.25.3.1での出力
    C900 6500 C900 5800 C900 6700 2D00 3100

※各文字コードはリトルエンディアンですからUnicodeLTとなります。
    ※最新版のPhotoshopはmormの方を正しく出力出来ないバグが存在します。

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「日本語ファイル名で書き出した TIFF ファイルのレイヤー名が文字化け」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

19. Trim Transparent Pixels on PNG Export BROKEN in 24.3

Exporting PNG used to trim out transparent pixels but in Version 24.3 that feature is broken. Exporting PNG results in a file with the dimensions of the object or group INCLUDING transparent pixels.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

20. SVG text export failure

Illustrator 22.0.1 cannot export text layer names to SVG, which seriously impairs our SVG processing pipeline. Tested on both Mac and PC.
    To reproduce:
    • Create a blank document
    • Create a new text object with the Type tool
    • Give the text object a name in the Layers control panel
    • Export to SVG, setting Object IDs to "Layer Names"

The resulting SVG code will contain a <text> entity, but without its "id" attribute!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base