Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize tool fails to resize text above 1296 pt

Resizing a text frame using Resize tool or scripting API fails to resize the text within that frame if the resulting text would be greater than 1296 pt. This bug affects both the manual Resize tool and the scripting APIs (both resize method and size property).

To reproduce, create a text frame containing text at 129.6pt. Select it, then double-click the Resize tool and enter 1000%. This works correctly. Undo, then repeat for 1001%; this time the frame resizes but the text does not.

Using the equivalent JSX, the following fails to resize the text:

app.activeDocument.textFrames[0].resize(1001, 1001)

Setting the text…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text disappearing when outlined

When outlining text in Illustrator, some of the text is disappearing, as though under a clipping mask, The text outlines are present but the text is not visible.
    Turning the fill to overprint stops this happening, but I can't overprint white text....

I have tried on a brand new file, so there are no formatting issues. The typeface is irrelevant it happens on all types .otf or .ttf...

Illustrator 25.4.1 on Windows 10 pro 21H1, Build 19043.1165

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why does the envelope sign appear at the end of copy/paste text?

Example Copy/paste text:
    Why does the envelope sign appear when I copy
    text from somewhere else and paste it into
    illustrator?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. alt+gr typing pass through

So, after spending an hour googling through different people having language / character issues with alt+gr on windows in Illustrator, I think I have identified what is happening (see screenshot)

Win10 can do mixed display language / keyboard layout combinations that most Adobe products will handle just fine, but Illustrator seems to set keyboard language based on general language set, not on keyboard language set.

So, if I type my normal alt gr+q for @ symbol or alt gr+e for € symbol on a german layout while using english language with german keyboard, it does not pass through as altgr+e…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. テキストにセットしたFOT-UD角ゴが正しく表示されない。(設定の狂った小塚ゴシックで表示される)

テキストにセットしたFOT-UD角ゴフォントが正しく表示されない。
    ドキュメント内のすべてのFOT-UD角ゴに適用されるわけではなく、正常に表示される部分とされない部分が存在している。

ドキュメントを開いた際に、FOT-UD角ゴではなく、UDKakugo LargePr6N-M-90ms-RKSJ-H*のアクティベートを求められることから、UD角ゴを指定した際に、フォントの英語名での指定にすり替わっているのではないかと考えられる。

ディアクティベーション後にリアクティベーションしても治らない。
    ドキュメントをFOT-UD角ゴで作って保存後に閉じて開きなおすと、UD-kakugoがないとされて、表示が崩れる。
    その後、FOT-UD角ゴを指定しなおしても、小塚ゴシックで表示される。
    なので保存をするとUD角ゴを使っていた部分すべてが崩れる。
    修正をしても保存したら崩れる。
    Adobe Fonts側の問題なのか、illustrator側の問題かわからないので、ここに報告しておく。

(フォントの内部的にUDkakukgoの情報が保持されていて、上書きができない?)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご提供いただいた検証用ファイルにて、再現を確認いたしました。
    調査を行ってまいります。
    今後、追加での情報提供をお願いすることもございますので、その際はよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

6. Type on path tool, cannot flip to inside the path

Illustrator Beta 25.3 265@236190

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) macOS Big Sur v. 11.2.3, 32mg memory, 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9, Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Created a circle, attempting to use type on path tool, works find to place type outside circle, cannot drag the type inside the circle to be at the bottom. Shows there when I click and drag but when I release it places the text on the outside of the circle in a different location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. type tool is fundamentally broken.

Why did you f up the type tool?? It, like almost everything else in Illustrator, doesn't work as good as it did a few versions back. I don't mind you making changes, but when it starts to impede productivity, it's a problem. I hate this program now. HATE. It's a buggy, aggravating, and just does not work seamlessly as it once did.

With the type tool, I have issues placing the cursor in the type. if I use the hand tool in conjunction with the type tool, it overrides the hand tool and starts adding spaces. Neve been a problem…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Margin or Adjustment Markers for Type on Path not showing

The margins or markers on the left and right side for adjusting the type showed up for a moment but then can't get them to reappear again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

I was able to get the margins to show by starting a new document but after a while they disappear or stop working. Can this bug be looked into please thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. eyedropper leading 0.1

I have noticed that, in the last few updates to Illustrator, if I copy the type attributes from one text box to another using the eyedropper tool that the leading amount does not get copied. Instead, it gets set to 0.1 -- which really negates the utility of coping type attributes through the eyedropper.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Arabic Language Options Not Showing

After activating Indic Script support and changing my text to be Middle Eastern & South Asian Every-Line (or Single Line), I still am missing options for my character and paragraph menus, such as text direction (RTL vs LTR) and adding kashidas automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Type disappears in latest update

Typing in a text box, all of a sudden it disappears even though all indications say it's there, the right point size, and has a fill color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator not outlining type correctly

I've only started to encounter this recently and it doesn't happen with all fonts. When I outline certain typefaces - such as your Source Sans - it outlines parts of some letters individually, such as the bar in the letter 'A' in the attached example, or does some bizarre detour as seen in both the comma and the apostrophe (the two most typical examples I could think of).

All I am doing is outlining type with no stroke.

I'm running Illustrator 24.3 and Catalina 10.15.6

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When copying text in Arabic or Hebrew, Illustrator messes up the characters.

Somehow the text gets flipped into Jibberish. Even when Arabic fonts are used such as Adobe Arabic. This causes the world to be filled with jibberish Hewbrew and Arabic.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Just updated to Illustrator 24.3 and now installed font only has a few letters

I updated to the latest version of Illustrator (24.3) and opened a document I had created in a previous version. Most of my text was missing. I checked and the font was still available and activated. I deactivated and reactivated and that didn't help. When I click the text, it gives me the message that "This text was created in a different version of Illustrator. Editing the text may cause some changes to your text layout. Basic formatting will not be affected. Do you want to continue?" The font is PeachyKeenJF. Only a few letters/numbers actually show up. I'm on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Font Preview Size

In Illustrator 24.2.3,
    We are not able to change the Font Preview Size in the preference Dialogue in/under the Type Tab, and you also do not have the same feature in the Type Menu, which is the right place to set the Font Previews size default,
    we are also not able to see the Font names in the written text as a preview in the Font/Character Menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clicking "Add to Dictionary" on the right-click context menu for spell check does not update red underline...

When adding a word to the spell-check dictionary using the right-click context menu, the underline remains under the word. Shouldn't that get removed after adding the word to the dictionary? It does not get removed from other instances of the word in the document either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy paste text dont show ö,ü,ä,õ letters

If I copy "täpitähed" (or what else text where are those letters in) it gives messy text where isnt seen öüäõ letters at all. It worked nicely before.. but now sometime it have been like this messy paste. Can you please fix it!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Everytime creative cloud app is required to reactivate the fonts

I activated 2 new fonts from adobe fonts website and it worked well.
    After that I closed Ai and next day when I opened Ai again then it's showing missing fonts and there is no way to activate them from Ai.
    I have to start creative cloud app always to reactivate these fonts. This is very annoying and killing a lot of time. Also it takes ages to start creative cloud app even on fast internet connection. This also needs improvement.
    Once the fonts are activated - isn't that installed locally on my machine? Why every time it needs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base