Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

82 results found

1. Transform W: and H: using Arrow keys works only a single keypress.

Transform W: and H: using Arrow keys works only a single keypress. After one keypress illustrator start moving the object. See .Gif

Reproduce:
    1 create object
    2 select object
    3 click in the number of the W of H in the transform panel
    4 press arrow up / down on the keyboard
    5 press again.

Expected behaviour:
    - For the object to scale up every press of the an arrow key.

Observed behaviour:
    - First keypress the object scales/resizes
    - Second keypress it start moving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

2. new document screen missing options in illustrator windows 10

Illustrator new document screen missing loads of options on windows 10. only showing mobile web and print profiles no video etc. Also recent items missing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. variable

Hello,

I use an illustrator file with variables with 100 datasets.

Problem: when switching through datasets via the small triangle buttons recently gives strange popup "the actual values are not captured and will be deleted when switching , continue?" - was not the case before!! i never had this message since 1 year and i nothing changed, apart from the content of the variables.

When clicking button "ok" the next dataset is shown without problem. The problem is that i cannot make a batch processing any more, because this useless message needs to be clicked every time.

I dont understand…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Looks like the current values in the document that are linked to variable are updated and not captured in new data set. Try capturing new data set and then switch.
    If this doesn’t solve your problem,
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

4. Using tab to advance to next dialog box field only works occasionally

Editing text in latest Illustrator (immediately after update)... can't tab between font-size and leading fields - I can get it to work momentarily by closing the box and trying again, but the big returns the next time I try to edit text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator QE

5. Unable to move anything once placed within Adobe Illustrator

I am using the latest version of Adobe Illustrator, i have restarted both my computer and my program numerous times and the issue persists. I am unable to move anything once placed on the Illustrator workspace. the only thing it allows me to do is to resize the objects but not move them.

It is realy frustrating when you come across issues like this which just interrupt workflow preventing you from doing the simplest actions. I am sure there is a fix but i dont have the understanding to know how to fix the issue and the majority of forums…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

6. Character Properties Disappears in "Draw Inside"

Can't access the Character Properties (like changing font/size/line height) while in "Draw Inside" mode. I have to create/edit text in my main layer and cut/paste it in the "Draw Inside" object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

7. I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything.

I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything before the menu appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

8. Error on Artboard/Workspace

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.1
    2. Tried working on a new artboard to learn interface and immediately started getting this problem - this happens when I select an object and try to move it. Then I am unable to move anything properly. I have been unable to find any settings that may have caused this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and have received this same problem on different files and art boards.
    3. A triangular cut out that appears on the artboard and causes the objects to malfunction when manipulated.

If I try to create something new, it disappears and then shows up again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

9. Create New

I have Illustrator 2018. Whenever I click create new, I'm expecting to see the full range of canvas options, but instead it's cut off at web (instead of including Art & Illustration canvases etc.). Resizing the window still cuts it off, and sometimes it'll fit but there will be white space instead of filling the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

10. UI bug

illustrator CC 2018 (ver. 22.0.1(64bit) / windows 10 Falls creator

UI gets 'mangled', rendering it unusable, displays 'eating' each other or disappearing or not appearing, usually starts in 'control' area. Happens after various length of time, no special event triggering it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Name layer pop up panel appears twice

On macOS 10.12.6, working with a Wacom. If you double-click on a layer to rename it and the panel pops up to rename, clicking OK doesn't get rid of the panel. It re-appears a second time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.
    If you are still facing this issue, please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

12. Asset Export Panel Empty

Unable to use "Asset Export" because the panel is empty. Help please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "New Document" window doesn't scale on Windows 10

On Windows 10, the "New Document" window (reachable from the "Get Started" window by pressing "Create new...", for example) doesn't scale according to the scaling set in Windows display settings.
    Set to 250% (Windows recommendation), the window looks fine.
    Set to smaller values, the content doesn't fit in the frame. See attachment (200%).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Issue when typing in the font name field to find a font

v. 22.0.0
    iMac 2017 on High Sierra

I use English and Greek keyboards on my Mac.

Very often I start typing in the Fonts field to find a specific font.
    If the keyboard is set to Greek when I start typing, I delete anything I have typed, use the keyboard shortcut and start again.

The bug is that the shortcut to switch keyboard language doesn't work while I am doing this.

I have to grab the mouse and go on the Mac's menu bar and do it there, then go back in illustrator and start typing again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

Surface Book crashes within minutes of starting drawing in Illustrator 2018. Have done a complete diagnostic check of my machine with Microsoft online and there are no issues there. What should I do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Libraries Panel rendering is not correct

THe rendering of this panel is incorrect, it doesn't let me align it properly with other panels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sizing Glitch

I have updated my Photoshop and Illustrator programs but when I boot them up to see the home screen where I would like to see "new" "open" and previous projects, I am greeted by a glitched window that, no matter what size I try to make it, will always fail to work. I have tried countless times and have only run into this problem with the new update. at first I had thought it was an issue with my monitor but soon realized that even with two different monitors hooked up (including the computer one) I get a glitched window…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Submenu don't work

1. Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 (64bit)
      Windows 8.1 2013 microsoft
      Asus 64x

2. Ctl + N or File> New Document

3. creation of a new document

4. does not work nothing happend

And no drop down menu for the Tools are visible :
    - Direct selection (A)
    - Pen (P)
    -Text (T)
    - Stroke (Maj+ T)
    - Rectangle (M)
    - P
    - Maj + N
    - Maj + E
    -... all with a sub menu

No tools are visible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Hope you have upgraded to new version and if you are still facing this issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

19. Panel type and icons are enormous

I recently upgraded Illustrator. the panels are gigantic. The type is ridiculously huge . the panels are taking up more than half my screen and I need all of them available. How do I get the panels to display nice and tiny and compact like they did before? Am I supposed to buy another graphics card and get a third monitor just to hold adobe panels? Am I really supposed to buy new glasses just for Illustrator just because Adobe can't be bothered to make things a normal type size?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. We have implemented Scalable UI in new releases. If you are still facing this issue, please upgrade to latest version. If you still face the issue even after upgrading, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

20. Create New Button Does Nothing

I'm using OS X El Capitan with a multi display setup, comprising of two monitors and a Wacom Cintiq. Sometimes with multiple desktops and multiple monitors popup windows will open in strange places and I have to find them-- however I've gotten rid of my extra desktops and tried to replicate the problem running a single monitor and it persists.

Neither Premiere nor Photoshop have this issue.

Illustrator opens up fine, but when I get to the prompt to open a recent project or create a new one, everything works except clicking "Create New" doesn't do anything. Of course I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base