Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Magnifying screen redrawing flaws

In Illustrator 2022, when I zoom in, the screen turns black and my artwork only redraws the portions where I hover the mouse, as if the display was defective.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GPU Performance Glitches Still Not Fixed!! 2021

GPU Performance glitches have been constantly and extremely annoying while displaying many files, it shows weird patterns from the same opened file overlaying the designs, and they randomly change and break while zooming in and out, sometimes I can't see how my design looks like because of these glitches, it is so serious, it makes the app sometimes next to useless!!

Please, this problem has been there for a long, please fix, please fix

I have tried the same files on 2 different machines, same issue

Mac Book Pro 16 - 2019
    macOS Big Sur
    RAM 32

iMac 27 inches…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Refreshing the display with GPU-View activated seems to be buggy

While some of the GPU-related glitches seem to be fixed wich the actual Version 25.4 (at least on my iMac here), there is still some strange behaviour that seems to occur on every version newer than 25.0:

Everytime I open a document, the workspace turns black for a moment. That is not a big problem, but strange, as it never happened in 25.0 or older.

Second, there are quite often problems in refreshing the display, when moving around in the illustration or copying/dragging objects around. The display gets crippled (blank spaces, where they should not be) and I have to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GPU not detected

Restarted Illustrator and suddenly it isn't detecting my GPU.

AI Version: 25.3.1 (Tested back to 25.0.1)
    GPU: RTX 3080 FE: GRD 471.11 (Tested 471.41 and more)
    CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x (No internal graphics)

Every other Adobe application is still detecting the GPU as intended.

I was using AI without any problem, closed it, went for lunch, came back and opened ai again. Scrubby zoom wasn't working anymore -- ai didn't detect a compatible GPU.

Already DDU'd back to different versions, wiped ai and reinstalled different versions, reset rpeferences, turned GPU acceleration (win) on/off, gave…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. GPU preview replaced by CPU permanently

Mojave 10.14.6 / Ill version 25.2.1 / GPU Performance Activated / AMD Radeon Pro 570X
    The ai file opens in CPU preview and cannot return to GPU. Colours seem altered, very vivid. That happens to all files with linked images! I worked as ususal, can't remember if any update run.
    I have downgraded Illustrator to 25.2, & Photoshop to 22.2 and problem was not fixed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Colors not displaying correctly in Illustrator 25.2.1

Colors are displaying brighter and incorrectly in CMYK color mode. I've color calibrated my monitor; restarted my computer; uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator and still all files pulled into Illustrator are displaying this way.

Mac Big Sur 11.2.3 Illustrator 25.2.1

I have had trouble with a corrupted preference file in the past, but I also tried deleting the file and reinstalling with no change. I've uploaded a screen shot of how the colors are displaying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. GPU preview goes away and won't come back

I have been working on illustrator files containing vector & linked images, which have been used often in different files in the past. The ai file opens in CPU preview and cannot return to GPU.
    I tried copying images from the CPU preview file to a new blank GPU preview file. While pasting an image, the preview turns to CPU. Even if the image is deleted, the preview does not return back to GPU. Same test with another artwork and another jpg.

Mojave 10.14.6
    Ill version 25.2.1
    GPU Performance Activated
    AMD Radeon Pro 570X

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac19,1…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GPU preview

If I use rulers the GPU preview switches back to CPU and the Illustrator slow down.
    If I switch off the rulers and open again the GPU preview will OK.

Mac Mini 2020 M1
    Illustrator 25.2.1 and 25.3 BETA

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Class action against Adobe

Guys, we need to make a class action. All the suite is full of old and annoying bug... Every time they updated, something broke and I loose a lot of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Live Paint bucket tool preview error

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 (25.2.1 64-bit) on Windows 10 Home Edition.

2. After the Live Paint Bucket tool is selected, out of the 3 preview swatches above the pointer, the center one is always wrong / inverted. This bug is consistent when we press the left & right arrow keys on the keyboard to select a swatch. On the other hand, the Swatches panel would reflect the correct option when the Live Paint Bucket tool is in used.

3. When the Live Paint Bucket tool is selected, the center swatch in the 3 preview swatches should accurately reflect the color option, just…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U Radeon GPU not recognized (but works in Premiere, Lightroom)

Illustrator does not use the GPU (Setings->Performance says "Compatible GPU not available", even though below the device is listed under "GPU Details".

However, all other Adobe CC apps (Lightroom, Premiere) do recognize and use the GPU without any problems.

Windows 10, (v2004, build 19041.746); Illustrator 25.2 (64-bit)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GPU Performance is deeply broken - UI overlay refresh issue

Within about 20-30 min of starting illustrator with GPU Performance enabled, everything goes haywire.

It seems to be an issue with UI overlays such as art board bounding boxes and shape paths/points. As you pan about or adjust a shape, it seems that old overlays are not disposed and new overlays are just drawn on top resulting in layers and layers of overlays. The overlays are cleared if you zoom but when you start to pan or manipulate shapes again, the overlays continue to populate on screen.

Images attached should illustrate the issue better then I can describe it. What…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Illustrator 2020 laggy and slow on the simplest of tasks

Illustrator 2020 is really laggy and slow, only when completing simple tasks like colour picking, moving art-boards, selecting different objects, or even just wanting to zoom in or out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

14. Views not updating, tabs not updating.

Views will simply stop updating in Illustrator. Outline view shows geometry that does not display in GPU preview mode.

Similarly, when changing from document tab to tab, the window will "freeze" on one document and refuse to show the newly-selected document.

None of this is remotely acceptable. I pay for and use the Adobe Suite as a professional tool, and I can't have daily failures. Trust in your products is swiftly eroding.

Please advise a quick and permanent fix for these issues.

System:

Illustrator 24.2.1

MacBook Pro
    2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    AMD Radeon…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Only Black Screen display

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display not being refreshed, scrolling through Artwork while zoomed in and dragging an object

When I have zoomed into my artwork and drag an object - for example draw a rectangle or line that reaches the end of the window while dragging, the artboard scrolls, but the image is not refreshed. Only the ruler shows me, that I am scrolling... Even when I stop dragging and release the mousebutton, the image is not fully refreshed. Otherwise: when I drag the Marquee-Tool to the end of the window, scrolling starts and the image gets constantly refreshed while dragging. This is the way I would normally expect it to be, regardless of the the Tool I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fill Glitches when Previewing with the GPU

I work for a printing company, and we see this sort of glitch a lot. We also see it in the same design over multiple different systems so this must be an Illustrator issue rather than a compatibility problem with our graphics cards.

When rendering with the GPU, fill colors will extend out past the shape bounds. When we switch to render with the CPU, the glitch disappears. See the example attached.

This is a problem for us. We are losing production time because our printers on the floor see this and assume its an error with the artwork and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. multi-GPU setups cause Illustrator to glitch out and become unresponsive

I've got a two-GPU computer. If I'm using GPU preview mode, after working for a while (around 20-30 mins or more), the entire Illustrator UI will glitch out and become very artifact-y and unresponsive, and I can no longer work on the files I've got open, necessitating a restart of the app.

This started happening right after I upgraded from one GPU to two, about a year ago. It happens only in GPU preview mode, not CPU. I've tried updating GPU drivers, updating Illustrator itself--nothing fixes the problem. I've seen other people online with multi-GPU setups say the same thing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GPU performance

GPU performance in iMac 27" 5k with AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB
    turns colors to a pale tone.

Using CPU preview turns back the vivid colors but it slows down the performance.

Any clue how to fix this?

I'm using the latest update of Mojave and Illustrator v. 23.0.1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GPU Stroke Rendering Issue

2 x Xeon E5-2690 v4 CPUs (don't ask ;) )
    64 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8191 MB
    GPU Driver Version: 387.10.10.10.40.122
    CUDA Driver Version: 418.105

Hi, I noticed a small rendering issue with strokes in GPU mode. The boundaries seem to be somewhat inaccurate, to the point that in certain situations (regardless of whether or not they're joined and by any method), suck as a tee shape, a small bulge of one stroke can appear beyond the edge of another, even though they shouldn't.

See attached pictures, the problem area is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base