Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Alt + Scroll wheel doesn't zoom

Just updated to 23.05 (64 bit windows 10) and the alt+mouse wheel no longer zooms. It just scrolls left and right same as CTRL+mouse wheel. If I use ALT+Shift+Mouse wheel it does scroll.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Replace all" Linked images

Since new version 27.8, when I reopen an AI file with missing images, I no longer have the "Apply to all" checkbox, the new version allows "skip all" but no longer "replace all"

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. reading XMP data in scripts broken by 25.4 update.

Illustrator 25.4 update broke scripts that try to read XMP data that worked in previous versions of Illustrator. This is the Mac version (have not tried in Windows).

It appears to be getting the error on this line:

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');

Comparing the frameworks in the package contents for 25.3.1 vs 25.4, the AdobeXMPScript framework appears to be missing in 25.4.

Below is an example script to read font data that worked in 25.3, but errors loading the library in 25.4

// load XMP Library

function loadXMPLibrary() {

if (!ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript) {  

try {  

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');  

} catch
    21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Blue learn box won't go away

I cannot see part of my workspace because the blue learn box covers up the panels and I cannot get it to go away. How am I supposed to use your program when your supposedly helpful box covers up what I need to see in order to create projects? This is unbelievably frustrating, and I am probably going to have to use some other program to create my logo since I cannot use the work space because of this idiotic blue learn bubble that won't go away and can't be moved, apparently.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

6. When changing UI scale, dropdownlist is shown inverted and the bottom item is not shown.

macOS 10.14.6
    Illustrator 2019, 2020

Dropdown list is shown inverted when changing UI scale.
    It seems to display correctly when I mouse over it, but the bottom item is not actually displayed.

These defects can be resolved by making the UI scale the smallest.
    This is a very troublesome problem as a script developer.
    I expect an immediate fix.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

7. Corner Anchor Points become Smooth in 24.1

Draw a straight line.
    Add Anchor points twice
    Use the Delete Anchor Point Tool to removwe the middle one.
    The adjoining Anchor point become smooth instead of staying Corner (as in previous versions).
    See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/anchor-point-glitch-during-removing-unnecessary-anchor-points-adobe-illustrator-24-1/m-p/10936870?page=1

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

8. Libraries Panel Disappears and cannot be accessed once reopened when you use Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or asset from it.

When editing objects colors using swatches, or pulling in an item from the library, if you immediately use Ctrl+[ to change the layer your selection is on, it closes the library panel. When reopened, none of the items in the library appear in the panel, and you cannot save changes to any assets you have currently open

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

9. Color picker works weird with gradient sliders

Sometimes Color Picker, summoned for SELECTED color gradient slider with double-click on Fill in toolbox, shows color Black instead of actual color, but when applied, turns color to white even.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Saving a PDF compatible causes slow saving

I have a top end workstation so the spec isn't an issue. When saving an AI file, checking PDF compatible slows the save and subsequent saves significantly. Un-checking it results in normal performance. This was not an issue prior to the latest release.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bullet list cannot be disabled

No matter how the bullet list is set up in Preferences > Type, Illustrator will always make a list after typing the characters +, * ,# , - followed by a space. https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/automatic-bulleted-amp-numbered-lists-while-typing-bug/m-p/13315015#M341830

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

12. Select all in an isolated group selects and allows to move locked and hidden objects

Imagine a group. Let's isolate it and hide one object, lock another, and leave the third one as it is. Ctrl+A to select all and then move the selection. Illustrator then moves all the objects, despite it does not behave like this on canvas.

If you check layers, you’ll see that Illustrator targets all children (double circle markers) but not a parent (the recent fix), and selects all objects including the parent (big square markers).

If you try to move the selection, all objects get moved.

This is not what happens if we try to select objects on canvas, locked…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

13. Mouse right-click Select next Object Below does not work

When I right-click with the mouse on an object and try to select next object below it does not work/does nothing.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

14. Photoshop Effects Dialog not Scaled when UI is scaled.

User interfaces that open within the workflow scaling incorrectly

System Information overview:
    Dell 17-R3
    Display: 17.3-inch UHD (3840 x 2160)
    Chipset: Intel GL82HM170 PCH
    Integrated graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530
    High performance graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980m
    CPU: Intel i7-6820HK
    RAM: 32.0 GB DDR4-2133 DDR4 PC4-17000
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1809
    OS Build 17763.253

(detailed system information attached)

Adobe Illustrator 23.0.1 (64-bit)

User interfaces that open within the workflow scaling incorrectly with the computer operating with the graphics set to 4K (3840 x 2160). For example, with a path selected go to "Effect" --> "Sketch" --> "Chalk & Charcoal". The…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Selection of all objects inside a group instead selects group

In previous versions of Illustrator if I was inside a group, and I selected all the objects, it would treat it like typical multi-selection. Now once I've selected all the objects, Illustrator behaves as though I have selected the group.

For example, I have 3 objects at 40% opacity. I group them, so now there's a group (with 100% opacity) containing 3 objects (at 40% opacity). When I enter the isolated group, and I select the first object, the transparency shows 40%. Nothing changes when I select the second object (still shows 40%). However, when I select the third object,…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

17. Rotate Tool flickering objects under transform

1. 22.0.1 (OSX 10.13.1)
    2. Drawing some element (dosen't matter what), selecting the rotate-tool, trying to rotate the element while holding shift.
    3. being able to rotate in fixed angles.
    4. flickering element, no control over rotation (see video)
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

18. Enter key does not commit a change in a panel / dialog / field

Transparency panel in Appearance window does not react on Enter in Illustrator 27.0

After the latest update, this bug is spotted. In Appearance window -> Opacity panel (either stroke or fill) -> enter desired opacity -> hit Enter/CR -> no reaction (expected: apply value and close the Opacity panel). The TAB button however still works (the value applies). Other panels work as they should and react Enter correctly.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

19. Copy/paste vector: Illustrator → Figma (pastes as raster)

In 25.2 — graphics copied from Illustrator get inserted in Figma as a vector image. In 25.3 the behavior is broken and graphics get pasted as a raster image.
    All the settings are the same.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

20. 色違いで作ったパターンがコピペされない

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 Illustrator 2021(25.3.1)

同じ模様のパターンの色違い3つ作成(ABCとする)→
    ABCに塗ったオブジェクトをコピー→
    別ファイルにペースト→
    オブジェクトすべてがAの塗りになり、BCのパターンはペーストされない

コピペされないBCを別のオブジェクトに塗り
    再度コピペしても、勝手にAの塗りに変換されます。
    同ファイル内でコピペしても同じ現象がおきます。

フォーラムでも質問しました。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0/%E8%89%B2%E9%81%95%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E4%BD%9C%E3%81%A3%E3%81%9F%E3%83%91%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%81%8C%E3%82%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%9A%E3%81%95%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/m-p/12137562#M25502

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でパターンスウォッチのコピー&ペーストで予期しない結果になる」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base