10 results found
3D effects are one of the most popular effects used in Illustrator. While it generally has served users well, it hasn't been updated in years which makes it feel limited and outdated in today's 3D design status quo. We are also aware of the stability and rendering issues that have marred the experience of using this effect.
Hence we're overhauling 3D effects in Illustrator, starting this year with the following goals:
- Reliability - Provide a more stable and performant working experience.
- Fidelity - Produce beautiful, high quality results.
- Creativity - Provide new features that expand creative possibilities…2 votes
The Smooth Tool in Ai desktop has been enhanced and allows for an intuitive and easy application. The highlights of this enhancement include:
• New and Improved algorithm
• Simplified UI (proposed)
• Allows for a local and a global selection
• Check out Auto-smoothen
Please give it a try and we look forward for your feedback.1 vote
The improved Blend tool creates smoother blends between objects, refining the appearance and geometry of the blends, mostly noticeable with complex shapes.
Compare the result with the previous experience using the toggle button in the Blend Options.1 vote
We redesigned the header for a consistent experience across Creative Cloud.
Now, searching gets you in-app resources, and Arrange Documents has moved to the right and is next to the other actions.
Please let us know your feedback.1 vote
Now, you can place-link cloud PSDs (.psdc file format) in your Illustrator cloud document (.aic file format).
Links Panel will now display an additional cloud icon for PSDs placed from Cloud.
Additionally, in Illustrator cloud file, we now save a low-resolution image of linked-assets (of both local assets on your machine and PSDCs in Cloud). So if a linked-asset goes missing (path changed or deleted), instead of showing an empty box in your Illustrator file, we will now display a low-resolution image of that asset.
Status of the linked PSDC (missing/broken link) will be displayed on…1 vote
We are happy to introduce the "Share for Commenting" feature for cloud documents in Illustrator. This feature allows a designer to receive comments in real time as they work.
In the first drop, we bring to you the following features:
• Share public links of your cloud document via the link settings in the Invite icon of your app bar.
• The reviewer sees an image of the artwork (as a vertical scroll of individual artboards) on assets.adobe.com and can provide comments through a comments panel on the right hand side.
• The comments are brought back in Illustrator through…1 vote
- Classification: Auto-detect art type and apply the corresponding preset to give the best result.
- Sketch Clean-up: Better output for sketches.
- Super-Res: Better output for low resolution and low fidelity images.
- Simplify: Remove redundant anchor points.
3D and Materials: New Feature Map Art and other Feature Enhancements in 3D is now LIVE on CREATIVE CLOUD DESKTOP BETA Section
We have made some significant enhancements to the ‘3D and Materials’ feature which was released just a few months ago, at MAX 2021. These effects have now been fully rebuilt using modern rendering technology. Apart from being much more stable than the classic 3D, it also allows you to do a lot of new and exciting things. The list of noticeable improvements are:
Map art (decal) on 3D objects:
We have now added the ability to map 2D art (decals) over 3D objects created with the new 3D and materials effects. In the initial release of map art, you will…0 votes
Auto-activate missing Adobe Fonts when you open an Ai document. When you open a document that contains Adobe fonts that are not installed on your machine, Ai will automatically find, download (sync), and install the fonts.0 votes
We plan to overhaul the current search experience in Illustrator. A new 'Discover' feature will allow you to search for help, tools, hands-on tutorials, and articles within the Illustrator app. Discover panel will offer contextually relevant help and learning resources to help you level-up and accelerate your workflow.
We will share more details in the coming days and would love to hear your feedback.
This would be similar to what we shipped in Photoshop recently (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-discover.html)0 votes