Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

649 results found

1. New file

There is a bug going on. Click " new file " and nothing happens. Please help me fix this asap

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

2. Zoom - Scroll Wheel

In Illustrator CC the program seems hardwired to not listen to the tablet settings about scroll wheel zoom or even touch pad zoom. There are lots of people online complaining about this and trying to find work arounds.
    I suggest just creating a hard wired button like photoshop did to fix this issue.
    This wasn't an issue with Illustrator CS4, so I'm not sure what changed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

3. FILE Corruption - Illustrator will not open AI files. Adobe CC/Windows 10.

just trying to open AI files to work in ILLUSTRATOR. POS won't open. After reboot, won't open. How was the subscription model supposed to be better?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. USB iPhone tether connection causes bugs in AI CC 2017 Layers panel

When a USB connection is made to iPhone for internet tethering, Illustrator CC 2017 Layers panel:

1. Won't allow toggling the lock or eye icons unless clicked several times each.

2. Won't allow slide up and down the locks or eyes to lock/unlock or show/unshow everything.

3. Won't allow naming a layer unless done from options.

4. Won't allow dragging square of an object from one layer to another.

All resolve upon disconnecting the USB iPhone internet tethering connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

5. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

6. Illustrator stops working and closes

This is simple enough, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to, but this has been happening for years, every time I get started I do about an hour of work then its complains it has stopped working and closes! No save option, no autosave, no back up, nothing!

A very simple way to fix this, have an autosave!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can't

I get a an error message every time i log into AI. Then on top of it the program is not saving my workspaces. It drives me crazy to have to open Tools, Controls, Swatches, Layers, etc every time I start. Please help me out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.

8. Drop down menus stop working

Drop down menus will stop working at random. For example, the weight menu under the character panel will not drop down. However, if for example I have my font set to "Black", although I cannot use the drop down menu, I can select the word "Black" and type "Bold" and it will switch the font to bold.

This happens with various menus throughout the software. I have not been able to fix it. Even after quitting the program and restarting my computer the issues persists.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Crash when vectorising any image

Hello, I have an Adobe Cloud account and am using the latest version of illustrator CC. I cannot vectorize images any more. It crashes whatever setting I use.

I tried to desactivate the GNU processor but to no avail. I tried on several images kind and format, but Illustrator won't accept any. They do open and the vectorization begins but it crashes before finishing. and no explanation is given just that a problem occured and that the application will close.

This is very problematic as I need to vectorize images. Please help me, Adobe-Kenobi, you are my only hope !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we are closing the ticket due to lack of communication.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.

1 2 29 30 31 33 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base