We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications
Please update to:
- Illustrator (23.0.1)
- Photoshop (20.0.1)
- InDesign (14.0.1)
- Bridge (9.0.1)
An error occurred while saving the commentdavid vincent commented
This is a frustrating "development," but I did stumble across a solution (by johngettler1) for the time being that has helped our team.
1. If you use an Adobe supplied Color Settings preset, go to next step, otherwise use Photoshop Color Settings, to create your desired color settings, and then Save a named Preset.
2. Quit all Adobe apps
3. Hold down the Option key, and choose the Go Menu.
4. Chose Library.
5. Go to Preferences/Adobe/Color
6. Delete this file: ACEConfigCache2.lst
7. Go into Bridge 2018 (or 2019 if you have already deleted Bridge 2018), and go to Edit, Color Settings, and chose your desired preset, and click Apply. If done in Bridge 2018, you don't need to do it in Bridge 2019.
8. Quit Bridge, and now all your 2018 and 2019 apps will be "Synchronized" and will not revert back to the factory defaults!david vincent supported this idea ·