When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature to Adjust (Increase or Decrease) Space between Words

Please add a new feature to adjust the space between words that we can increase or decrease the gap between words.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a setting for "Solid" in the leading field of the type panel

Illustrator defaults to "Auto" in regards to leading - about 120% of the point size of the type. When using display faces, I often find I set type a lot tighter - usually around the same leading as the point size. It would be really helpful if there were a setting for that in the type panel, so that as I change the point size of the type (say from 24 pts to 72 pts) the leading would also change automatically from 24 pts to 72 pts - just as it would from one size to another when the leading…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can change the value Illustrator uses as 'auto' in Justification dialog, which you can access via the Paragraph panel’s menu. Change 'Auto Leading' to 100% to get what you want.

If you want this setting to be applied to all new text objects, you should open Paragraph Styled panel, and edit the [Normal Paragraph Style].

If you want this to be applied to every new document you make, you should learn about editing document profile files Illustrator uses as core templates. Just don’t forget to backup these.

3. Bring Back the Glyphs Panel

I just updated to the latest and greatest Illustrator tonight. I'm in Typography Workspace and for the life of me, I can't find the Glyphs Panel. It appears to be gone. I can see all the other type tools I expect. But, not Glyphs. Is there a different way to access the OT alternate letter forms? The Glyphs Panel used to by under the Windows menu. Not today. :-( I've highlighted individual letters and right clicked on 'em, tried different Workspaces,. etc. No luck. If there is another way to access alternate letter forms, I'd love to know what it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base