1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Warp Effect Not Working

I've noticed that ever since upgrading to Illustrator CC 2018 (22.0.1) that the Warp Effect doesn't seem to work properly. The Arc and Arch effects will work, but applying any of the Flag, Wave, Fish or Rise effects won't change the object at all.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you to all who shared their files. We do not support flag, fish effects on a straight line with just two anchor points. The feature is implemented to work on the line segment which is not straight.
    Please refer to the attachment for supported and non supported scenarios. Should you have further query please email us on sharewithai@adobe.com

2. We need, again, Custom Bevels in 3D-Extrude & Bevel, please!

Illustrator used to have the ability to create customer Bevel profiles ( in the Bevels.ai file in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 23/en_US/Symbols ). HOWEVER, the feature is now gone! Please give us the option to create custom Bevels, again! Thank you.

Last year, 2018, I created a object and gave it a 3D custom bevel, and now I can do nothing with that object. Whenever I try to do something with it Illustrator crashes. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I tried creating a custom Bevel again. There is no way to create a custom Bevel! When I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would like to be able to entries in the Appearance Panel and perform Pathfinder functions to them. .

Example: Select 2 strokes in the appearance panel, one transformed some distance from the other, and apply the pathfinder Unite function (Fx) and have them become functionally one entry on one layer of the selected object.. This could eliminate some what are sometimes complicated procedures when outputting files to various RIP/machines/printers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3D no longer vector

The new 3D tool in illustrator no longer produces vectors - after expanding appearance even simple non shaded shapes are raster objects. Which is a huge let down. I used to do a lot of vector isometric illustrations and now this completely killed my workflow. Please add an option for that. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The previous way of creating 3D is still there and will stay there, no worries!

Go Effect > 3D and Materials > 3D (Classic) to access the tools you need.

Also you can enable Render as Vector in 3D and Materials panel, but it’s not that powerful yet as the older method. This will be better in next releases.

5. Double tab on layer to do shadows, stock, ... As Photoshop

We can do this to more control shadow to be like Photoshop
    Thank you for reading.
    I want your program to be better than any program (affinity designer)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base