Let's add Vasily Hall's name to the Ai credits?
As you may be aware, Illustrator has a natively build CSV-import feature for variables now. This wouldn't have come if Vasily didn't undertake the effort to create this feature as a script, 3 years prior. https://github.com/Silly-V/Adobe-Illustrator/blob/master/Variable Importer/VariableImporter.jsx
His contribution was:
1. User research, connecting with users from all over the world to get a sense of whether anyone even wants to import CSV files and use graph variables.
2. Naming convention syntax for visibility and graph variables.
3. Logical mechanism for adding individual graph states within CSV record cells.
4. A multitude of LinkedIn articles (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/import-csv-txt-files-adobe-illustrator-datasets-vasily-hall/) on variable data usage.
5. A collaboration with a video author to produce the Lynda.com tutorial on variable data (https://www.lynda.com/Illustrator-tutorials/Adobe-Illustrator-Variable-Data/450909-2.html).
6. Discovering bugs within the native variable data feature.
Over a 3-year and ongoing timespan, the amount of effort is not insignificant, therefore my feature request is to add just a few pixel's worth of data to an Illustrator build, in form of the name "Vasily Hall".
Would it put tremendous budget strain on the company to add this name to the credits? It would seem to be a very small cost to bring some sense of integrity back to the software and corporate handling of its development.
I would sure appreciate it, and anyone who cares to help advocate for my simple cause.