Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1 result found

1. Changing size of area type shape with mixed font style changes all characters to one font style

I was using trial version of Illustrator CC 2017. I just purchased for a year and upgraded to Illustrator CC 2018.

Draw shape. Choose area type tool. Click path of bubble. Bubble disappears and is converted to Lorem Ipsum text with transparent path. Deselect object. Choose direct selection tool. Select the path. Choose default b/w stroke/fill. Now text is inside a white bubble with black outline. (I also used Type > Area Type Options > Inset Spacing to adjust margins inside the path, and First Baseline to X Height.)

Now, use the Type tool to select one word. Under Properties…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cannot Reproduce  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base