346 votes58 comments · Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests » Type, Fonts, Text · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
We’re exploring turning ‘Hyphenation’ OFF in [Normal Paragraph Style] of all Document Profiles.
An error occurred while saving the commentAnonymous commented
Found a workaround.
1. Find the "Profile" files [C:\Program Files\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Support Files\Required\New Document Profiles\en_US]
2. Open the .ai file of the profile commonly used. In my case it's the "Print.ai" file.
3. Open the Paragraph Styles window and double click [Normal Paragraph Style] to edit it.
4. Click on the "Hyphenation" section.
5. Click twice on the "Hyphenation" radio button to turn it off/make it empty. If you click once, it'll leave it as a dash and it doesn't work.
6. Click OK to close window.
7. "Save" the open document and close it
8. Make a new document with this profile and Hyphenation should remain off.
I made a new document to check. Then closed it. Made a new one and changed the sizes and the Hyphenation remained off.
Hope this helps.