780 votes412 comments · Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests » Documents and Artboards · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Completed (Comments Open) · AdminAvinash Singh Kotwal (Sr. Product Manager, Adobe Illustrator) responded
I have some great news for your today. Rotate View (Canvas) feature is available in Illustrator 25.3 (Desktop) now. Thank you all for your feedback which helped us shape up this feature.
Please note: This update is currently only available in the following countries (India, Australia, Netherlands, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Canada, South Korea, UK, Italy) and will rollout globally over the next few weeks.
An error occurred while saving the commentAndrew Buckle commented
1) Be great if you could just reset it by double clicking the document with the rotate view tool.
2) Shift to limit it to 45 degrees, 90 degrees etc
3) Should be a property in the properties panel ?
4) You should be able to set a rotation center point or perhaps when you select the hand tool /zoom tool etc or the rotate view tool then a permanent marker appears to show the centre of the view so you can use the hand tool to re-position an artboard etc to that centre point
5) Hand tool and zoom tool should perhaps become Hand view tool and zoom view tool to be consistent with the rotate view tool perhaps
6) Should be grouped with the zoom / hand or they should all be accessible top level in the tools - why is hand and zoom together but not with the rotate.
7) Reset rotation view should be reset rotate view in the view menu ... it is not consistent