1 result found
We have started working on the tech that allows us to enable the following:
- Ability to convert the outlined/expanded text back to live text.
- Ability to lock objects to a character/glyph of a live text, allowing users to change the text (properties) while the object stays locked into the character.
As we work through the complexities of handling different font families, font size, and other font properties, we would love to meet with you and share our thinking around it and understand :
- Your use cases and workflows that this feature will help you with.
- What is most essential for you.
- The workarounds that you currently use to achieve this.
If you are interested, please pick a time slot that works for you using this link. https://calendly.com/meetai/60min?month=2023-01
An error occurred while saving the commentJhonathan Angus commented
This would be great for designs with no style guide where the text has been expanded or converted to outlines.
We could group the letter shapes or select all of them and [Right Click] > Identify font. Illustrator would then compare the shapes to a font database, Google fonts, etc. to provide a list of the most similar fonts, or the "exact match" if it knows for sure.Jhonathan Angus supported this idea ·