5 votes4 comments · Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs » Documents and Artboards · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Chris Harrison shared this idea ·
569 votes209 comments · Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests » Tools · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
A couple of questions on this:
1. Would it be okay to have a separate spec creation service much like the upcoming Adobe XD service? On this service, anyone with a link, can select any objects, and view its dimensions (W/H), colors, fonts etc. Or should it be inside Illustrator.
2. Are you only going to create horizontal, and vertical dimensions? Or would you also like to have angular dimensions as well?
Please share more details about your workflow.
An error occurred while saving the commentChris Harrison commented
I've been asking for this for years! There are 3 things fixes that would make Illustrator more the go-to program for us in the signage industry than Corel Draw if Adobe would ever listen to its customers.
1) Fix the Artboard size limitation (designing at quarter scale sucks!)
2) Add a functioning set of measurement tools which includes angular dimensioning.
3) Create the option of aligning type to the height of X.
It seems that Illustrator's new features cater more towards the web creation crowd than anyone else. Adobe has looked over those of us in the sign industry for years, and although we are not a vocal bunch, I know for a fact there are tons of users in the large format industry that are waiting for these fixes as well.Chris Harrison supported this idea ·