We have tried to fix the issue in the current release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in the update.
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.
PS: We are only referring to the issue that got introduced in CC 2018. As I can see there were few workflows that were existing even in older releases. Please log a separate request for it so that we all can track it better
An error occurred while saving the commentShivkant Baghel commented
Make sure while selecting your object you are not selecting the "guides". In my case guides were hidden and when i'm dragging and selecting the object my guides were also selected, that's why i'm getting this error.
1. Click "Ctrl + ;" to unhide the guides
2. Delete guides from layers and then select your object.
As you can see in the screenshots:
1. In 1st screenshot my guides are hidden and i'm getting the error.
2. In 2nd screenshots the guide are show after pressing "Ctrl + ;" or View>Guides>Show Guides.
3. I have unhide the Guides from layer panel or delete them.
After that i'm able to Drag my object.