5 votes5 comments · Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests » File Save, Import and Export · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
An error occurred while saving the commentPatrick commented
I found this to work if you have Illustrator on a Mac but not on a PC, and have PowerPoint on your Mac and PC. It's a bit clunky but it works well...
1. Save an Illustrator file as an .ai file on your Mac
2. Place it into a Powerpoint file on your Mac
3. Open the PowerPoint file on a PC
4. Right click on the art in PowerPoint and go to Save Image As...
5. Save it as an EMF or SVG.
The resulting file works well on both PC and Mac. Just don't try to open the resulting file and alter it on a Mac otherwise it will be distorted again. Go back to the original .ai file to make changes and start at 1. again.