bug: Screen turns black after choosing width tool
In between bugs I still try to make something in Illustrator, and now this happened:
- I hit Shift + W on the keyboard to select the width tool.
- Instead of the width tool cursor, the cursor became a black rectangle.
- I noticed both the Selection tool and width tool were selected in the tools window.
- I dicided to click on an Anchor anyway, and the screen turned black. The video signal went off, monitor went on standby. The HDD/SSD light on the PC was flashing nonstop. PC did not respond to anyting (I think, but I could not see because there was no visual).
- Working file was recovered after reboot, that's nice.
Win10, 32GB ram, 8core i7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, HighDPI scaling 200% (4k)
Interesting side note: Both my Wacom settings and RME Totalmix settings were completely reset after reboot. Another hour wasted :-(
But this is probably some faulty programming from Microsoft, that somehow deletes settings after a crash. But it Illustrates (no pun intended) the severity of this crash I guess..