Templates created do not store color profile attribution
Steps to reproduce:
- Start a new document
- Use the menu Edit -> Assign Profile...
- Assign a profile to the document, such as Working CMYK
- Save this document as a template (.ait)
- Open the template file just created
- This new document will not have a color profile assigned
None of the template files seem to store a profile.
There is no way to include the profile, since there is no dialog with options when you save the profile.
They all open as untagged RGB or CMYK.
You need to change your default Color Settings to check Missing Profiles > Ask When Opening to get a warning and assign a profile.