Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
179 results found
-
Adding gizmo feature in the 3d options
It would be nice if the scale, move, rotate gizmo would be added as an option. As we have in dimension. I found that it is more user friendly than the existing panel.
2 votes -
"Multiple Record Layout" data merge feature.
I love the "Multiple Record Layout" data merge feature in InDesign. However my merged documents are often opened in Illustrator by the end user to make changes. Currently my client wants a full vector file for laser cutting shapes with custom etched names. They do not translate well with strokes becoming their own object and lines of text disconnecting. The idea to data merge 200+ names in IN makes perfect sense, but in this case the client asked they be done in AI and each name and custom info needs to be brought in by hand manually one name at…
2 votes -
「カンバスを左右/上下に反転」機能の追加も希望します。
1.説明
今回のベータ版ではビュー回転機能がつきとても嬉しいです。可能ならPhotoshop同様に「カンバスを左右/上下に反転」機能の追加も希望します。- 機能のメリット 鉛筆ツールとペンタブレットでフリーハンドでベジェを描く際に反転機能があることで手首のスナップを活かしやすい向きで描画ができ、ストロークを活かしてより良いイラストが描けます。
2 votes -
Preference setting for a common "root" folder for add-on files
It would be great if the Illustrator Preferences had a way to specify a central root folder for the location of (and default save location) for add-ons, such as Brushes, Graphic styles, Swatches Templates, and others. (Similar to the existing "Additional Plug-ins Folder" setting).
Illustrator currently seems to have very scatterbrained way of handling files, which I am sure there is some history or reason for, depending on the team that happened to develop that section of code.
Examples:
If you save Brush, Symbol, Graphic Styles, ..., libraries, when it defaults to want to save under a long winding path,…
2 votes -
Combine all Thumbnail Preview Options
There are multiple ways to remove thumbnail previews on the Layers, Appearance and Links palettes and these have to be set on every file.
As a huge drag on screen redraw performance, these should be a single option / button accessible without going into the prefs panel.
Perhaps with an opt-out tick box per palette to fine tune. For example: Users could have thumbs persist on the layers palette, while the others toggle on a button.
2 votes -
Let us toggle rendering by artboard
Everything is sooooooo slow! I know there are a million "tips" on how to speed it up but even with a high-end desktop, complex artwork on multiple boards kills illustrator.
2 votes -
Illustrator 2021 Won't Open
Every time I try to open AI/2021 the icon just bounced and the App Panel just hangs and nothing happens. I'm using a 2017 version of the 2013 desktop, with plenty of RAM, all my other apps work except this - any tips boffins?
2 votes -
Little display problem with GPU enabled
Hi, I bought an Imac 27" with 5K Retina display.
I noticed that when I zoom some vector shape, the lines are not too clean. They seem like bitmapped. When I click Command+Y (show outlines) and I click it again, the lines appear clean. I uploaded a little video about my problem.
I wrote in Adobe community, they suggested me to turn off GPU Performance. If i do that the images appears fine but Illustrator become too slow.
So they recommended me to report my issue here.
Thanks for your time.
Alessandro
2 votes -
Illustrator 2020 tarda demasiado en cerrar los archivos
Se tarda hasta 4 segundos en cerrar un archivo ya guardado, suelo abrir 10 archivos al mismo por mi trabajo y es insoportable esperar a que cierren sin poder hacer nada más, en Windows 10.
2 votes -
AI & Indesign saving slow
sbh@mifamed.com
After recent update ai files & indesign files are still saving very slow. We are working from with Phone data or local network issue. Kindly give us fresh new updates so we can save files fast.2 votes -
Power Efficiency
Since I've moved to working remotely entirely, I've noticed how quickly using several Adobe programs burns through my laptop battery. I'm running a brand new 16" Macbook Pro with the latest MacOS Catalina version, and I'm lucky if I get an hour and a half of battery life while running InDesign and Illustrator at the same time. When I review what is using the most battery life, my Mac lists InDesign, Illustrator, and Core Sync as the main culprits.
Now, I understand that these programs at times are fairly graphically intensive, but the battery life I'm getting is absymal, and…
2 votes -
Option for anti-aliasing in Outline View
Please allow us to turn on anti-aliasing in Outline View. It’s a very useful view for path editing, but it can be difficult to assess the fidelity with all the stepping due to anti-aliasing being off. Making it a toggle would be ideal. Many thanks!
2 votes -
The new Adobe 2020 is very unstable !!!
The new Adobe 2020 is very unstable it can not handle graphics at all. Every time I save it hangs or crashes. Every time I even move an object on my page I get a wheel of death . this upgrade has been most frustrating. to the point where I have added a downgraded 2019 version
2 votes -
Can you focus updates to really work? Please do proper testing. I'm tired of contacting customer service very month
I contact customer service at least once a month, and before, when i got the program without online creative suite i never had to contact anyone, it worked amazingly, and now.. literally every update is a nightmare.. please stop doing updates for the sake of doing updates, take the monthly money but make something that we can rely on. not a program that makes my life harder... now i can't open files i used 20 days ago because a plug in, Ai 2019 and 2020 not compatible? Please// this is ridic
2 votes -
Why Apple Mac is slower than PC Windows !
I have no more energy to type about the poor and slow performance on macs... just carefully watch the video please... !
2 votes -
New version is very slow
Very slow this new version.
Selecting several items and move the canvas by hand is not working on not stable
Older verion was bette!!!!
2 votes -
Hide Grid on Perspective Tool
The "hide grid" function is so frustrating to select. Can it be larger or the target area around it be bigger?
2 votes -
When zooming in in 23.0.3 what I am zooming in on disappears and takes several seconds to load. Frustrating & time wasting.
When zooming in in 23.0.3 what I am zooming in on disappears and takes several seconds to load. It worked fine in the previous version. It also is taking a very long time to open files that used to open quickly.
2 votes -
Tool for understanding storage size (bytes in file/memory) of single object or group of ojbects in document
Often Illustrator file size have very large size. And Illustrator interface at now provide no ways for understand, which objects englarge file size, and how to reduce the size.
Main question is for embedded objects (pixel images) - before embedding we can see file size, but after embedding - fields in panel becomes empty! Why?
So, please fix, at first, showing info about embedded images in Links panel, and next - create some tool for review size of currently selected group of objects.
2 votes -
Freezing
The image does not change. I go to a new tab with a different file and the same image is showing.
I go to use the Align tab and STILL showing the Layers tab. I have to completely quit illustrator. This has been happening since the update. This is costing me production time. I have to quit illustrator and reopen at least 10 times a day.2 votes
- Don't see your idea?