47 votes50 comments · Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs » File Save, Import and Export · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
This issue is probably happening because the artboard dimensions are not appropriate for raster export (i.e. are in decimals).
If you make x and y values as the whole numbers in the transform panel (not in decimal), then the extra pixels will not be added to the exported image.
That is the workaround, and it’s reported that it’s not always the case.
At the same time — Ai knows the size of artboards to be exported and yet it does not deliver the set sizes, which is not fair. The team is going to rethink the algorithm.
An error occurred while saving the commentKaja Bergseth commented
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP
System Model OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Illustrator 25.2.3 (64-bit)
Steps to reproduce (not consistently happening though?):
- Make artboard in Illustrator 4096x4096 (or other power of 2 canvas)
- Make something on it
- Export for Screens, export artboard, png filetype
- BUG: Exported .png has the dimensions 4097x4096 in Properties->Details
- Import to Unity
- Upgrade MaxSize compression to 4096
- Inspector now says the file can't be compressed because it isn't in the right format (it is now 4096x4095)
- File compresses correctly and stays as 4096x4096.
- The expected result seems to work fine if exporting from Illustrator with "Save for Web"Kaja Bergseth supported this idea ·