Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

438 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

340 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

3. 56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dragging Objects with Shift key hold down broken

After updating to Version 24.2 dragging objects with the Shift Key hold down does not work anymore. Instead of aligning the Object it forces it to stay in place. The same bug appears while doing "Alt-Drag" together with the Shift Key. This is a essential function in Illustrator an I think a lot of people use it every day. I will step back to the last version until this is fixed... Surprisingly this occurs only on one of our two Macs...

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SVG Paths with marker endings render only the markers, not the paths

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected result: Illustrator should display a line with an arrow at the end.
    actual result: Illustrator displays only the arrow at the end.

also attached: image of problem behavior.

removing the marker-end attribute from the path in question will display the line.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pasted artwork does not remember sublayers

When pasting artwork from one file to another with matching layer and sub-layer names, Illustrator will not remember sub layers and pasted artwork has to be re-sorted in to sub layers.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alt-Drag to Duplicate (and Shift to align) Only Works Intermittently

Duplicating objects in Illustrator CC 2017 only works on occasion, it is not consistent as it was in previous versions. Holding Shift to align while dragging and duplicating also doesn't work. These were both key features of Illustrator and if there is a way to fix this problem I would be very interested to know how!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default

• But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't move paragraph indent markers back to 0 in tab panel

Illustrator CC 2018
    Windows 10

When I try to move the top or bottom indent markers back to zero, it snaps back to its original place.
    If I type 0 in the X: box, it doesn't work.
    If I set it to 1, cliclk in the X: box and press the down arrow on my keyboard, it doens't work.

The only way to set it back is via the Paragraph panel.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. tour

For the love of god get rid of the fking tool tips. I don't need to take the freakin tour. I DON'T need it popping up and disrupting my fking workflow. I've been using Illustrator for over a decade. I DON'T. NEED. YOUR. TIPS.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SVG Export Missing XML Encoding Tag

The latest updates to Illustrator (21.0.1) seems to have removed the all-important encoding tag required by browsers to render SVG appropriately when embedding etc. in an html page.

It exports the svg without this tag at the beginning of the file.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Line tool is immune to the Constrain Angle

When you set up Constraint Angle to 30 or whatever is different form 0 or 90, pick up Line tool and hold Shift, it still snaps to 0, 45, 90, 135... instead of 30, 75, 120, 165...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Performance issues in pixel preview on 5K retina screen

When working in pixel preview mode on the retina screen of my iMac, the scrolling and zooming in Illustrator are very laggy. Please do the needful ASAP or we plan to move to "Affinity" because illustrator is unusable for me and its impact our workflow.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Smart Guides no longer work.

Smart Guides no longer work in Illustrator

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Large Amounts of Text overrun text area, disregard justification

I'm using Illustrator CC (2017).
    I am creating a 6'x4' poster, where a single text box holds the entire text of the Bible (~730,000 words) as a single string of text (regular spaces between words, but no paragraph returns) in Helvetica Neue Lt Std, 107 Extra Bold Condensed, 3 pt size with 2.7 pt leading, all caps, full justification, default hyphenation. I am using a text wrap around a compound object with a transparent fill to create a negative space in the midst of this text block (in my case, that compound object is text converted to a shape, so…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. grid snapping don't works on internal point

it's not really Smart Guides, take a path drawn freely. after activating the grid, if you want to align an internal point of the path to a point grid you can't. the magnetisme apply only on the bounding box of the path not on the point you show.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base