Real-Time Drawing and Editing
Please share your thoughts on this feature here. What can be improved?
The rulers need to be visible while I move then, please, PLEASE.
Simon Bowland commented
Too buggy at this stage. Far too many times where objects randomly jump around the screen when I'm trying to move them.
Not enough memory (RAM) error occurs when trying to move or transform a large object with complex effects applied (in my case an inner glow effect to an object set to multiply). This is only when using real-time drawing feature. Example attached
If you decide to copy an object and start holding Alt, the original; won't show up until you move your cursor further. I believe Ai should redraw the original art the moment you press Alt while holding mouse button (or pen) down.
When you drag an art with RTDaE mode on and you have a key object set — the fat bold edge stays in place while you drag it
I like that you ask these, but I afraid this can be lost in the list.
1. Please add option to display edges with it. Right now we can have appearance displayed OR edges, and not both.
2. Please give third party developers a way to use this feature.
3. I understand the limitation, but CPU rendering would be awesome too — mostly because of 'grid in front' emulation with Overprint preview.
4. Pattern dragging (with ~ key held) works wrong with R-TDaE
5. Artistic brushes don't get displayed when you draw with them (but updated fine when you edit path with brush applied after drawing)
That's from the top of my head. I hope other users will add more.