More visual feedback for the Eyedropper
The Eyedropper tool has several cursors (it’s almost impossible to find any explanations about at helpx.adobe.com), displaying different states:
- a filled pipette for when you click,
- a pipette with square below to indicate a screen sampling,
- an additional T to indicate a text below,
- a reverse filled pipette to indicate apply mode.
However, some modes are missing.
When you have smart guides disabled (for any reason), you can’t tell which object the tool will pick from, what attribute or will you miss completely by a pixel. The Shift mode is not covered too. So we need these:
- a cursor to indicate Shift is held ('direct translation mode')
- a way to indicate an art is under the cursor and not the blank canvas
- a preview of colors picked and/or a hint to indicate which attributes will get picked if you click (and an option to disable it)
I know Fill/Stroke indicator in a toolbar displays what colors Eyedropper applies, but
- it does it after you click, not before
- it displays it not where the action takes place