Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

  1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

587 results found

  1. Let 'All Tools' close directly after a tool is activated by a double click.

    There is no need to keep it open when a tool is double clicked.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Arc from circle - Stroke or Fill

    I think it's time to implement the Circle to have sweep/ratio handles to ease with various infographics and artworks. Request is a Circle that can be "cut" to any place to create a stroke only semi circle or arc. Example below.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ショートカット「Command+Option+tab」

    過去にIllustrator CS5でショートカット「Command+Option+tab」を多用しておりました。
    ペンツール使用時に「Command」を押して矢印ツールに切り替え、その後「Option+tab」で矢印を白・黒切り替えてオブジェクトの微調整をしておりました。
    現在、そのショートカットが使用できずツールボックスで切り替える等しておりますが、
    以前と比べて格段に作業性が悪くなりペンツールを使用するだけでストレスが溜まります。
    大昔は「Command+tab」で出来、その後「Command+Option+tab」で出来た昔から長年使用できていたショートカットです。
    私以外にも不満を感じている方はいらっしゃると思います。
    復活をぜひよろしくお願いします。

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cropping Rotated Image should offer to rasterize it to have the cropping frame orthogonal

    When I select an image layer, rotate it, and then want to crop it to make it fit into a spot, the crop shows up square instead of following the rotated image. To my knowledge there isn't an easy way to crop a rotated image. I understand a lot of people are trying to crop square but I would love a checkbox in cropping properties that lets me have it conform to the rotation of the image.

    IE: if an image is rotated 30 degrees, I want my crop bounding box rotated 30 degrees too.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Image trace options

    I like the 'ignore color' function. I want to have an option where I can select i.e. four colors, and image trace the divides the image into those four categories. This could save so much time in tracing maps/drawings/scans.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Need More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fast Skew Option in Illustrator

    I’d love to see a faster skew workflow in Illustrator.

    Currently, skewing objects requires extra steps, and it feels slower than it should be for frequent transformations.

    Suggested behavior:

    1. When an object is selected, the normal bounding box appears.
    2. When the cursor moves near the left, right, top, or bottom edges of the bounding box, the cursor automatically changes to a skew icon (two opposite arrows).
    3. Click and drag from those edges to quickly skew the object.
    4. This would work similarly to how "rotating or scaling" works near corners, but specifically for skew transformations.
    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A way to delete all unnecessary handles on straight lines

    I want a way to delete all unnecessary handles on straight lines Join tool create (here’s a bug report: http://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/51071002).
    I want to select all of those and make them lines in one click. It is very time consuming to take care of each individually.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Proportional Push & Rotate Tool

    I’m relatively new to Illustrator, not sure if such a feature already exists, but I’d like to suggest a tool that allows selected objects to be proportionally pushed away from the group’s center point or a custom pivot point — without scaling them — and optionally rotate them around that same point. For rotation, it would be great to have options whether the objects keep their own rotation (independent) or rotate as children following the group’s rotation. Additionally, it would be helpful to allow setting horizontal and vertical movement ratios (e.g., move 1 unit horizontally while moving 0.35 units vertically)…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dynamic Dimension Tool

    Happy New Year
    Just a thought for the upcoming year.
    Add the ability to automatically extend the length of a dimension after the dimension is set and have the dimension to adapt to the new measurements.
    Currently the measured distance is static, WYSIWYG. Would make placing objects in Illustrator a lot easier.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dynamic Stroke Weight for Pencil Tool

    I want to suggest a feature for the Pencil Tool: the ability to automatically apply a Variable Width Profile based on my real-time input.

    Currently, the Pencil Tool only draws lines with a uniform stroke (or with a VSW profile from the selection)

    I propose adding a new option in the Pencil Tool preferences to link stroke weight dynamically to: Pressure Sensitivity (Tablet Users) and Drawing Speed Sensitivity (Mouse/Trackpad Users)

    This single addition would transform the Pencil Tool into a powerful, intuitive instrument for design.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Jump to art-board and word being spell checked.

    Please add the option to jump to art-board being spell checked please.

    I often use up to 50 x A4 art-boards with abbreviations and technical text that I need to closely spell check in context within its paragraph. I can't even see which art-board is being checked when using multiple art-boards, as it is.
    Jumping to art-board would make work so much easier. Please add this option.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow us to assign F# keys to Tools

    I can assign the Function Keys to Panels, but not Tools in Illustrator, but I can in InDesign. I'm tired of accidentally typing a "v" when I want the Selection Tool in Illustrator. With InDesign, I've assigned the F1 key to the Selection Tool to avoid this, but I can't in Illustrator...why? Please allow!

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the Intertwine feature a standalone tool in the toolbar

    Can we please make the Intertwine feature it's own standalone tool, so If you are intertwining elements you can still edit and continue intertwining without having to restart, as it's currently impossible to go back to intertwining same elements when you have left the mode.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Free Transform scale corners, strokes, and effects by default, like it used to

    In the past, 99% of the time I used Free Transform was to resize objects without making them look different. I realize that it also has perspective+distort options, but I only use those occasionally, and I very frequently switched between the Selection tool and Free Transform depending on how I wanted to resize an object. Now every time I want to do that, instead of simply hitting the V and E shortcuts, I need to go to the Transform panel and check/uncheck 2 boxes. This is a huge pain and I don't understand why it was changed. What is even…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Need More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Figma-like zoom in and out on Mac with holding Cmd and moving 2 fingers instead of pinching

    On a Mac to zoom in and out in Illustrator when no external mouse is connected we need to pinch together our fingers. That sucks and fingers hurt over time. In Figma I can just press Command and then move 2 fingers together (no uncomfortable pinching needed) to zoom in and out very quickly and precisely.

    Illustrator NEEDS this as well!
    It's what I do all day long and it sucks really.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Swap values in Transform / Move

    Surprised this software still doesn't have a simple toggle arrow button in it's Transform menus.

    Like, swiping values between the Horizontal and Vertical planes with the Move tool.

    Seems like an easy addition!

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add advanced toolbar customization – icon direction, shape, and layout

    I’m a long-time Illustrator user, and I’d love to see more customization options for the toolbar.

    Specifically, please consider allowing:
    1. Icon direction control (e.g., flipping the Pen Tool from "/" to "\")
    2. Alternate icon shapes (simple, minimal, or text-based modes)
    3. Full customization of toolbar layout, size, and colors
    4. Save/load toolbar presets for different workflows

    This would help users with visual sensitivities or those who prefer ergonomic workspaces. It can also enhance accessibility for neurodivergent users. Thank you!

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a Color Picker button in the Recolor Artwork dialog

    I would request the team to consider it, kindly add a Color Picker button in the Recolor Artwork dialog, as it is essential — every time colors cannot be added into library. A color picker helps when designing with a self made color group.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dimensions, auto select after creation

    I find that i am always needing to change the defaults when using the Dimension tool, as frames of reference change from project to project.

    I have started to develop a workflow where I'll just select the created dimension to adjust the text and line in Properties panel.

    What would be more useful would be if the dimension was automatically selected after created, same behavior as most tools in Ai have, like crating a shape or a text.

    The tool does not seem to pay any attention to what is selected when you are creating measurements, but if there is…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Free Transform Tool - Free Perspective & Free Distort should be there own tools with short cut.

    Free Perspective & Free Distort should be there own tools with shortcuts (or that we can make custom shortcuts for), or a way to quickly filter through by hitting a key to get to the option needed (ie you hit E to bring up free transform, then hit E to select alt options like Free Perspective & Free Distort) having to scroll over to a tiny panel to select which I want to use is time that could be saved. I know the panel floats, but having to open Free Transform then move the panel near what I need, then…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?