Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC cloud library "view by group" option when relink images...

The addition of "view by group" option to organize assets has become paramount to manage great projects. But... I've faced the problem that when I want to relink any file from Cloud Libraries, the panel appears without any grouping or organization, needing to search through houndreds of individual asstes, manytimes sharing same name, and small enough to be undifferenciated each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add custom AI templates to the CC library

Add custom AI templates to the CC library. The functionality is already programed for Adobe Stock. Allow the user to add custom templates to their libraries. Enable the bulk import of .ait files.

I noticed on another thread requesting Cloud files to show in libraries menu. That or create another menu that is for the files similar to how the libraries function. Whatever is easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please included library "groups" when sharing library. When shared everything is appearing ungrouped. A problem on large projects.

When I go to creative cloud and view my shared library, I expect to see it organized they way I have organized it in illustrator. I have organized it in a way that makes it easy for my team to find what they need. Currently when I share my library everything is appearing ungrouped which is a problem. I'm attaching the number of groups that I have in my shared library as an example and a screen capture from creative cloud. In illustrator you can "View by Group" which is how I have organized my assets. On creative cloud there…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the Libraries issue in all Apps

I've noticed that this issue goes back a few years and I haven't found one fix that's permanent. It notifies me that I need to sign in even though I already am.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Logged in but still unable to access cloud library.

I am logged in but when trying to access my library in Illustrator, it says i am not logged in. I've tried logging out and logging in, restarting.....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search option in CC Library when relinking

When relinking an asset in CC Library, you are not able to use the search box. Please make this possible!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keeping same values as original files (ai)

Working on repetitive files with slight copy change is nice to store in the libraries. I enjoy the quick and easy access to the files. But they do not retain the same value as originally dragged into the libraries. The measurements are converted to pixels. The bleed and art board values are consolidated. It would be nice to store all values from AI into the libraries.
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create new Library from document like Photoshop

I have a file that has 124 individually named artboards (each containing 1 icon), and was looking for a faster way to add these icons (with their appropriate names) to a library, rather than having to drag each one from their artboard to the library panel, and then have to rename each one (again). Photoshop offers this capability

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Asset name focus after dragging asset to cc library panel

I create a lot of Creative Cloud library assets, usually by dragging vectors from my canvas directly onto the Libraries panel. I like to immediately name my assets, so it would be a huge time-saver if, once an asset had been successfully dragged, the "name" field got focus. As is, I need to mouse over to the panel and double-click to rename.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for Layers in CC Libraries

Dragging a graphic into Libraries and then using it in After effects is great BUT if when you dragged it into AE the named layers remained in tact it would be very useful.

Also nested Illustrator files (in an illustrator document) could open up in after effects as comps that you drill into to access layers. It would save a lot of set up time. Thanks :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. drag an illustrator layer onto the library pallet

after converting an image to outlines with image trace then expanding it i wanted to drag this onto the library .. it did not let me .

i would assume the same functionality as copy and paste into photo shop when when i drag it on the library it would ask if i want it to be smart object, or bitmap etc..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Não estou conseguindo

Não estou conseguindo abrir um documento que está salvo no creative cloud, e também não consigo baixar ele.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for graphics placed from CC Library to be expanded and converted to curves

Right now, when you place a vector from the CC Library, you can't use it as if it were a vector created on the spot. This hinders speed of creation and prevents 2 crucial things:

1. You can't change colors of the vector without editing the original CC item

2. You can't use it with pathfinder for a print job for example (imagine you want to cut a shape out of PVC or something). Right now, to do this, you must double click the library item, copy and paste it on your document.

Altough it might not seem much work, if, for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ipad a drawing tablet for adobe

I bought a ipas pro recently and would like it if i could use my ipad as a wireless drawing tablet. It would be great if i could work in the same document on my windows pc and ipad at the same time, maybe through the cloud. I was hoping that duet pro would help but sadly it has a lot of latency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. multiple users working on the same file

I'm working for a big company and recently we updated our brand. I'm in charge of organizing the illustrations. As for now there is no way for me to share a file that could be updated online to all our designers. Something like Google slides for instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Opening Fresco files from the cloud with Illustrator

Hello, it's really great that Illustrator can now open files from the cloud. But unfortunately not the sketches from Fresco. You still have to export them first and then you can open them in Illustrator. It would be great if you could change that, i.e. open PSDC files from the cloud in Illustrator. Thanks a lot

Gabi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

You are now able to send Fresco files to Illustrator on the desktop with the latest version of Fresco and Illustrator. You can also place embed Fresco files in Illustrator. Please give it a try. In the future, we will also add smoother options to copy paste objects on both the Illustrator surfaces – desktop and iOS.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

18. Update linked assets for large number of files

I have an asset in CC Libraries that I used in 50+ ai files. Those ai files are then used in a layout in InDesign. If i change the asset in CC Libraries I would like a way to force an update of that asset to all those AI files so that the update propagates through to my InDesign layout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back free assets and the ability to search in CC for them

Adobe recently took away a feature which was part of the cloud subscription which really sucks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Libraries — Point/Direct to the ACTUAL original file to edit

The more I use libraries, the more I like it! However, instead of creating a "virtual" library of duplicated files, maybe store/use the ACTUAL original file so as to reduce loads of duplicated files, confusion as to the "latest" version(s) created and a crazy file naming system.

Right now this is what it does:
    Actual Original File: SSRLogoRGB.ai
    Clicking on "Edit Original" in any Adobe program: SSRLogoRGB_cf14017d-6564-4298-9f8f-d800bd2b4a91.ai

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base