Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. companion app for ipad pro or tablet that transform them into a secondary screen of your pc or mac with wacom-like capabilities

companion app for ipad pro or tablet that turns them into a wacom-like graphics tablet for illustrator, photoshop and other Adobe programs - that is connected wired or wirelessly to your pc or mac

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. QR Code Generator (Like in InDesign)

InDesign gives you the ability to generate a vector QR code on the fly, I was unable to find a way to do this in Illustrator and would love to have this option if possible. I design a lot of packaging art that will sometimes require a QR code. This way, I can generate a QR code that is a high quality vector without having to import one from another source. Thanks!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Selection tool Problem when trying to click and move something.

Cannot drag or move the shapes and lines that i have been drawn when using the selection too and giving an irritating sound.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save for Web

The new and NOT IMPROVED Illustrator does not allow me to save gifs and jpegs for the web. I used this feature all time since I design web banners - and now it's gone! Thanks for nothing, Adobe!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Font identification

Provide an automated routine to identify fonts that were converted to outlines, or that are in a bitmap format.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the new "Properties" panel optional.

The idea of the properties panel is nice, but it should be customizable. For example, the four pathfinder tools that come up when more than one object is selected aren't the main four that I use, so it would be nice to be able to switch out the default four that pop up.

It would also be nice if there were a way to not use the new properties panel, and be able to switch in the windows drop down menu to using the old properties panel that is in the top bar across the screen. I don't love the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When embedding images flatten all images option without having to scroll through each one

When embedding my links to go to press I have multiple links and it is redundant to ask everytime if I want to flatten each image one by one. There should be an option to flatten all highlighted images in one shot. If I have 70 documents to go to press with 30 links each it can get very time consuming.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recent files list - right-click menu with "Open folder"

In Illustrator (and also other Adobe apps): when the program is started but no document is opened there is a list with icons representing the recent opened documents. My suggestion: Add a right-click menu on those icons with an option to open the document's folder in Windows Explorer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Impossible to install Adobe Creative Cloud on MacOS High Sierra... Error Code: P22

Installation on case-sensitive volumes is not supported. Please choose a different volume for installation. (Error Code: P22)... This is a today message trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud on MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quick Look support for .ai files in MacOS

Selecting a file in the MacOS Finder and then pressing spacebar to preview the file is one of the great features of the OS. It works with image files of many types as well as PDF files, etc. But not .ai files. Please build a Quick Look extension to add this support. Thanks.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. master page

it would be great if illustrator had a master page like indesign.
    for us who design more then one page for client proofs.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CMD-H Should hide Illustrator

Yes, CMD-H should be standardized across all of your programs. And kindly take Freehand out of its vault, study its pen/curve tool(s), and make Illustrator's pen tool work as well as Freehand's did.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pattern making

I want a feature in the pattern making panel. When I make a pattern I often duplicate a graphic and change something, maybe color, in the area where you make the graphics that shall be repeated. After duplicated I move it to the place where it is repeated. Then I can change color of one of the graphics for example, and these both graphics are now repeated. The problems is that when I move the graphic I kind of eyeball the placement of it. I would want to be more exact and quicker with it. I don't know what one…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Actions panel

Everything is so tiny, and the actions panel is too. When you run an action you see all steps, and if you want to try another of your actions you have to scroll a mile to get there. It's very difficult to get an overview of the actions you have. So I would like to see the steps of the action in a separate window, so that you don't loose the overview of your actions. You shouldn't see all steps in the same list as the actions that you have. Also I would like to be able to have some…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Web-based app for use on Chromebooks, etc.

With many schools and individuals going entirely Web-based, we are unable to use the Illustrator/other Adobe tools on Chromebooks, tablets, etc. There is a real need for this, especially as schools implement makerspaces. Even beyond that, the world is so very Web-based now. I think Adobe is behind the times.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. patterns

I want the pattern to be able to connect more to the resulting repeat. With that I mean for example this.
    1) If I draw a line freehand, from left to right. Then I would like to be able to make a seamless repeat of that line. So at the right I can "connect" to the left end and join/smooth it together
    2) If I want 4 similar/identical things spaced evenly and repeated. Then I can distribute the group to space it evenly. But on the left and right side (or top/bottom) how do this spacing between the items gets…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. patterns

I want to be able to make patterns in layers. So if I use layers when I make a pattern, then I get a pattern that is editable in layers. It would save much time if you want to make variations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. THi, I have a problem. I bought program Illustrator last mounth just for oné mounth and your company také me again money this mounth. I Wan

Hi,
    I have a problem. I bought program Illustrator last mounth just for oné mounth and your company také me again money this mounth.
    I Want my money back. I didn't use this program this mounth. I don't understant why you také me from my account Again money If I bought Illustrator just for oné mounth.

Thenk you for your answer.
    I tried to comunicate with your chat, but without response.

Markéta Reznickova

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get rid of Adobe Stock

I am really really sick of having Adobe Stock rammed down my throat. I don't want it, never will. Give me the option to turn it off!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DYNAMIC LINK BETWEEN ILLUSTRATOR AND AFTER EFFECTS

Please make it easier to make to have changes made to illustrator files reflected automatically in after effects instead of having to re-import.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base