Ability to rotate objects exactly
I need to be able to rotate an image by very small increments. It’s possible to do this past 1.8 and 358.2 degrees, but the object always automatically snaps to 0 after/before that. I often need to rotate something by just a few points of a degree to the left or right. Please allow more nuanced rotation, by either adding the ability to rotate by a corner, or pressing a button to rotate something by smaller increments than 10 degrees, or by adding a way to numerically enter an amount, or by getting rid of the ability to snap around the 0 mark.
agree, in fact there are a few limitations when we try to rotate objects. i’m very surprised that these are not a top request; namely:
1. rotation is limited as it snaps when we try to rotate an object using the marquee and a small value by dragging. for example pick an object and try to rotate 0.5 degrees or 1 degree. unless you type it in the field you won’t be able as the marquee snaps regardless of having the snap option turned on
2. the anchor point is a one off option. example, activate it, move it to a position. if you don’t rotate straight away and instead you press any option or pan or zoom the anchor disappears and resets.
moreover, as soon as you rotate with a new anchor point, the anchor point resets, so for example if you change the anchor, rotate by dragging and you are not happy you won’t be able to rotate say one more degree as the anchor resets itself. you lost your chance
3. we can rotate using the anchor but we cannot scale using the anchor, only 45º increments using one tap or from center using two taps.. so many many times we need to scale from a different origin… say from a corner of the marquee for example
4. we cannot rotate points only objects. so many many times we need to select a range of points and rotate them, leaving the rest of points intact
moreover, in addition to be able to rotate select points we need to rotate selected point from a specific point which could be specified with the anchor point providing an anchor point could be defined from a specific new point
5. we don’t have the ability to select multiple objects and either rotate them individually from their own center point or from a global point that could be defined with the anchor point, ideally this point could be assigned to a group so anything inside that group would always rotate from the group center point which could be adjusted with its anchor point which we could either reset to center or adjust as many times as we need.. the center point would become the pivot of that group
6. the possibility of selecting a number of objects or points and selected based on a different object or point.. example you have 6 stars, you select 5 and rotate those 5 taking their anchor point from the anchor point go the sixth star
there are many other options that are not available as it seems the rotation is not a priority, also there are not many votes on this unfortunately. unsure how people are doing with such limitation in such an important feature
Well, technically we can rotate an objects exactly to a value needed, via Properties panel’s Angle field… but it requires calculations, since all these fields allow to enter absolute values only, but not relative ones. That is we can’t add or remove in any way, either using math operators (like in the desktop version), or something in the tablet style, with a switcher to toggle between “replace” and “add” modes (that is absolute and relative).