Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.
1)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:
Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.
MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\
Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
An error occurred while saving the commentmaxextra commented
It has something to do with your custom workspace.
1. Close Illustrator
2. Go to to saved workspace file
C:\Users\(computername)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_US\x64\Workspaces
3. Find custom files copy them and save them in another folder somewhere else
4. delete custom workspaces from the illustrator folder.
5. re-open illustrator
6. test workspaces without opening a file (window > workspaces > choose any one)
7. if that works close illustrator
8. go back to the illustrator workspace folder, copy and paste all your custom workspaces back into the folder
9. re-open illustrator
10. everything should work fine again