Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

937 results found

1. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

278 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

2. Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom.

Hiya. I have an issue with the Selection tool and the rotation handle functionality overriding both scale and shift+selection of other objects while using a Wacom.

Essentially, the rotation functionality tolerance seems to be 2-3 times higher than when using a mouse, which means that I have to zoom in far in order to either scale or select a nearby object.

This behaviour has been in every version of Illustrator since the original Illustrator CC - which behaved flawlessly.

I've also had it occur on 2 different computers with 2 different Wacom devices (Intuous 5 and Cintiq 13HD) and multiple…

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Rotate dialogue box is now painfully inefficient (CC2019)

Rotate and Scale functions used to work the same, where you could press R+Enter or S+Enter to bring up their respective dialogue boxes, type in a number, and hit Enter. Very fast, very efficient. Now when you call up the Rotate dialogue box, the focus is on this manual angle widget instead of the numeric field. And should you try to use Tab to change the focus to that field you have to hit it 5x.

This used to be extremely efficient, which was great since it's not uncommon to use this feature hundreds of times in a day. It…

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. 91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

5. ファイル保存時のオプションダイアログの位置が保持されない Save dialog gets shifted left each time

macOS10.15,7
    IlklustratorCC ver 26.5.1

ファイル保存時にファイル名を指定した後オプション設定画面が開きますが、このダイアログの位置が保存を繰り返すたびに左に移動します。最終的には半分見切れる状態となり、設定を行う為にダイアログウインドウ自体をマウスで移動させる必要があります。

再現方法
    1.ファイルを作成する。
    2.「ファイル→保存」でファイル名を任意に指定し、保存ボタンをクリック。
    3.従来のオプションダイアログは表示領域の中央に表示されましたが表示位置が左にずれています。
    4.1〜3を繰り返すと、最終的には半分見切れる状態まで移動してしまいます。

期待する動作
    従来のバージョンの様にダイアログの位置が意図に反して動かない。

現状の結果
    ダイアログが保存するたびに移動し、見切れてしまう。

対応策
    ダイアログをマウスでドラッグして位置を戻す。

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

6. Tiny size indicators on high-resolution displays

I have Windows 10 and a display with a resolution of 2560x1440 and a scaling of 150%. Illustrator displays tiny size indicators. Take a look at the screenshots.

This is a long-standing problem with the scaling of the Illustrator interface. Please correct it, my eyes hurt.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

7. 78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue was reintroduced in MacOS update Ventura. The team ran into another issue while implementing the workaround suggested by Apple. While the team revisits this issue, users can use workaround this issues by paste through context menu. Thank you all for the patience.

8. Bug in entering number values in transform panel

Version: CC 22 (and has happened in previous versions)

There is a small bug that happens often when using the transform panel. I use it a lot to move and size objects with precision. Many times, I will want to move an object with the X and Y values. I will type a number, press enter and a completely different number value will automatically appear in the box and move it to that value. For example, I want to move an object to 4.25" in the Y axis and after I press enter, a value of 36.0833"…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is now obvious the issue was not fixed fully. The developers are aware of it now. Let’s hope it will be fixed soon enough.

If you have a solid order of steps which reproduce this behavior, share them in comments, because only some machines are affected. Please help the team to isolate it.

9. Bounding box suddenly disappears using Selection Tool

Suddenly disappears, but when a select scale then select the "Selection Tool" again the Bounding box reappears. When it is gone, togglingthe quick key, has no effect though t changes the menu state for turning it on and off. Also, when it can't be seen, a small icon for the bounding box is in the corner, occasionally.

Sound familiar to anyone else?

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

10. 'Remove redundant points' in Pathfinder options keeps unticking itself

AI doesn't respect 'Remove redundant points' being checked in Pathfinder options and always unticks it.
    This option must not resets itself.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

11. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gestures Broken

Gestures (e.g. pinch to zoom, two finger panning) don't work in Illustrator for me anymore. They used to work just fine on both my Wacom tablet and laptop's touchpad, but now don't work for either. They work in Photoshop, just not Illustrator, so I'm not sure if it's an option that's been deselected or an actual bug, but I can't find the option if so. I can usually scroll vertically, pinch to zoom sometimes scrolls horizontally instead, and I can't use gestures to actually zoom at all.
    Version: Illustrator 2017

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

16. Generative Pop-ups causing file open click issues in MacOS Ventura

The popups that push the generative AI features (which should be permantally dismissable, but that's another issue) cause a bug in the file open... menu. If the popup remains open, and you click File > Open... the file dialog opens, but you cannot click on any files. Closing Illustrator and re-opening will fix the issue.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The assumed fix for this problem is pushed into the Prerelease 28.2.521 version, which is available for members of the Prerelease program only.

After the Prerelease community verifies the fix, it’s going to be pushed into the next general access build or Beta build.

The status will change then. Stay tuned!

17. Some shortcuts don't work while using non-English keyboard / language layout

After upgrading to AI 26.0 (and still not fixed in 26.0.1) some shortcuts stopped working, like those:
    - Show/hide layers = cmd + ;
    - Lock selection = cmd + 2

It seems that all shortcuts with czech letters on the keyboard instead of US are affected. To be clear:
    - On us keyboard there is ";" key, but on the Czech keyboard, there is "ů" letter.
    - The same for the letter "2" on US, on the Czech keyboard, there is "ě" letter.

Possible fix: to keep logic as before, when everything worked, you have to work with hardware…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  28 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom scripts added to the Scripts menu are not shown in alphabetical order

Custom scripts added to the Scripts menu are not shown in alphabetical order.

-Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 (21.1.0) version
    -See screen capture

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. Mouse cursor disappears on Windows 11 Insider Preview

I opened Illustrator to work on a project and my mouse cursor disappears when I am in the workspace. I can't seem to get it back. It is just an illustrator issue since I can see my cursor fine in other programs.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base