Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

649 results found

1. Copy and paste doesn't always work

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with Illustrator. When I copy an object with the ctrl + c button and try to paste them it randomly doesn't work.

The problem is that I can't replicate it on command. At first I thought it had something to do with the laptop that I used, but it also happens on a freshly installed desktop.

My version of Illustrator is 22.0.1

I also checked the copy paste functions under the edit tab, and when I copied something it didn't show the ability to paste it. It could also only have something to do with…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior

Windows 10, Illustrator CC 22.1

Align to right and align to top are the only alignment tools functioning correctly in all three alignment modes (artboard, key object, selection). None of the distribution tools are working in any mode.

In the 22.1 update, the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior. Before, if I selected say, 5 objects and clicked the Align Horizontal Center tool, they would align on a mutual horizontal center. Now, they align to the center of the artboard, apparently, which is often completely offscreen when I’m zoomed in. This is a very confusing and almost totally…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Smart Guides not working

I have smart Guides enabled and Snap to Point enabled. Neither are working. Frustrating.

Ai CC 22.0.1

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

6. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Artboards name disappear after renaming

After renaming an artboard in the panel, it will return to it's default name eg. , Artboard [x], instead of maintaining the new name.

AI version: 22.0.1

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 Not Responding when opening file & Slow on Start MACOS Mohave 10.14.1

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 / MACOS Mohave 10.14.1 2.1 Slow or Not Responding - Launch Adobe Illustrator - by clicking on icon in dock or in applications folder 2.2 If it launches - Click on Open from Dashboard and try to open a file - it becomes non-responsive or takes forever. 2.2.1 Tried opening ai files (any of them I have) directly- same issue 2.2.1 Tried to command copy and save to change location I have filed stored - it copies to new location, including adobe cloud, same issue 2.2.3 New files never show up in recent files on…
    27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

10. Unable to create a new document

I am not able to create a new document

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding extra points and distorting paths after using Eraser and Scissor Tools

When I use the eraser and scissor tools Illustrator decides to add points to my existing shape. In the image I have attached all lines should be straight or have a slight curve on the corners. I did not add those points and didn't even know they were there until I zoomed out. I just updated Illustrator to its current version. If someone else is having a similar issue or know how to fix it please let me know.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. eyedropper tool

I have never had to ungroup objects to get the eye dropper tool to apply selected attributes to an object. This no longer works without ungrouping objects.

I have never had to ungroup objects to change the color of an object selecting a color from swatches. This no longer works without ungrouping objects.

I have posted a thread with all the screenshots you could ever need and the this appears to be a glitch that needs fixing...really, really bad. The solution to the issue from my thread was to post the problem here.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/428177

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. missing fonts logged in error

When I open a document with missing fonts, the 'resolve missing fonts' screen keeps telling me I'm currently logged out of Creative Cloud, and to go to "help/log in". This despite the fact I'm logged in, and going to "help" shows my account name and logged in status..

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes , Kindly follow the steps mentioned on the Kb Article "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

If they don’t solve the problem, collect the logs as per instruction in the troubleshooting page and email to fontsupport@adobe.com and support@typekit.com .

14. Text import option error

Unable to open Ai file. It shows Text import error. Please advice how to fix

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

15. iMac 5k 2017 w/ Radeon Pro 580 - Illustrator very slow on GPU preview

Illustrator version 22.01
    macOS 10.12.6
    iMac 5k 2017 w/ i5 3,8Ghz - 16Gb RAM - 2TB Fusion - Radeon Pro 580
    All the file (also a very little file) is slow on movement, on move object and run with shot and NOT fluid. Slow on select object or shape or everything on file.
    The same file opened on a "slow and old" MacMini with the same configuration and the same macOS is not slow and the movement is very fluid.
    Switching to CPU cause the same things, everything is very slow. Also switching to Print Preview is slow.

Thanks for…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

16. Variable Font not working properly

Hello, I am a type designer and am working on a variable script font. The variable font file work fine everywhere else except in Adobe products.

It appears the sidebearings aren't adjusting with the changes in width. Very odd. You can see whats happening in the first file. The second is on the Axis Praxis website.

I've spoken with Glyphs App developers and they said it's a glitch with Illustrator, so I wanted to bring it to your attention.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your fonts and file to figure out what is going on here.

17. Brush won't change to basic

When drawing in cc 2018 on macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4. Program will not allow me to select basic brush. it defaults to 3pt round or a bristle brush. If I delete that brush it won't allow to draw anything. Need to restart and still won't allow me to select basic brush.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. no resize handles

My Selection tool does not show the resize handles anymore- this is making it nearly impossible to design easily- I have to measure and assign all aspects if it isnt sized right the first go. I have tried everything to fix it and I need it for school

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. CANT

Since the last update.. Every time I try to trace & make something. I get this error message "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. CANT" then the placed image I tried to trace disappears and only an empty selection box remains. If i do "undo" the image will return. How come I cannot trace anymore? What can I do to fix it?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Object selection stays selected after clicking away or to a different object

For many versions now the issue persist. Happened not only with this machine but with others all MACs running the latest update both on adobe and OS.

The issue is with the selection tool. so I click on an object generally one that is grouped and then make edits then when I click away a larger bounding box appears as if I am selecting all but I cant pinpoint what it is that has been selected. I move a newly selected object that is not in the group to a different area of the artboard and the selection or bounding…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?