Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
587 results found
-
Pressing V opens "view" tab instead of switching to selection tool.
On Windows, when you use V to switch from pen tool to selection tool, some times it opens up the "View" tab instead.
2 votes -
Pen tool - just double click last point to stop drawing (and leave path open)
It used to be (many versions ago) that if I was drawing with the pen tool, all I had to do is double click my last point, and it would end that graphic, leaving it open, and leaving the tool ready to draw another line. Now the only way to stop seems to be to hit return (which is awkward since I am right handed), go hit another tool, or use a keystroke. All of these take more time and break my train of thought.
2 votes -
Please make live paint more convenient!
To fill in my drawing outlines or an object, I have to select the section of outlines or shapes first, which is dumb, because in selecting the outlines or shapes, the color fill automatically changes to the color whatever is selected (the color of the stroke or shape's outline, that I want to fill in with a different color. This is made even more frustrating when I have to use the eyedropper to select a fill color, only for my color section to immediately change, upon reselecting the shape outlines I intended to fill in.
It is also a pain…
2 votes -
Scale Obect or group of objects base on two reference points (similar as in CAD)
This is useful when you need to exactly match the scale of two objects or especially group of objects. Say you have changed the scale in one file but have received a new file from a client that is in the original scale. You want to quickly match the scale change. If you have at least one reference line that hasn't changed, you can pick two reference points on the new object(s) and then the two matching points on the scaled file. This matches the the scale exactly. This can also be used in many other ways.
https://www.thesourcecad.com/reference-scale-rotate/2 votes -
Blend annotator
It would be good if the blend tool worked like the gradient annotator where you can weight the blend along the linear axis using sliders to quickly adjust the spacing of the blended objects.
2 votes -
replication
Replication tool .. Replication tool is not easy enough to use .. Excuse me for mentioning the old Freehand but it had a very easy to use replication tool .. which would just select the shape and set how many times to replicate it and with mouse movement it was easy to make shapes like mandalas Beautiful and psychedelic shapes or anything that needed to be duplicated in a circle easily ... I would be very helpful if there was such a duplication tool as there was in the old software and I would use it a lot
2 votes -
Numbered/Label elements in document
Could we get the ability to populate the document/artboard with labels for each element? When working with clients remotely, it might be nice to be able to have the program populate labels for each element/solid/etc within the document/artboard, that way the artist and client can refer to each item vs talking about this leaf/note/cloud/etc . Specifically if there are multiples of the same shape within the document. Easier communication and presentation. Thanks!
2 votes -
3D rotation tool like XD and reedit primitive shapes
3D rotation tool like XD please!
And, the option to reedit a primitive shape (like a star for example). Changing the number of points at anytime.
...like Xd already does.
It's sad that I've been asking for this feature since decades, and now, a new software can do it, instead of the "cutting edge" vectorial software...
And, the most ridiculous, inside the same company.2 votes -
Drawing like in CAD
Hi Team, I use also CAD Software and drawing sketches is in most CAD SW more sophisticated than drawing in AI. I mean e.g. when drawing a circle in CAD you can just drop on and then define the origin and radius etc. This coordinate based parametric drawing in CAD is straight forward. So in the end I think drawing sketches like they are drawn in CAD like SolidWorks or Alibre would improve AI a lot. Regards Dirk
2 votes -
Show length of path
Need to know the exact length of paths, Paths at angles, can't tell length when need to change all, no way to adjust by length. Seems like a basic thing but can't find it anywhere.
2 votes -
More smoothing with Pencil tool, like it used to do
I want ex pencil tool back.
Ex pencil tool was that retouching the line by pencil tools can make the line smooth. Now, even the setting is the most smooth, retouching can not make the line smooth...
It was really easy way to make the line smooth without pushing option button to use smoother.2 votes -
presets for pen pressure
hi
as we have in photoshop a lot of presets, i would love it if you can make presets options on illustrator for tools with pen pressure/tilt etc.
like in blob brush tool options (and maybe to save my own presets as well)thank you
2 votes -
AI 2021: Can't see previous path outline while transforming
It took me awhile to be sure I was remembering this right (even though I have over two decades of experience with AI), but I feel sure of it now: the ability to see the present state of a path while you are dragging or transforming it has disappeared. This is a major problem — I have always relied on that path to, for example, shrink something in one dimension while not affecting any other.
I looked through the Preferences and View options carefully, I don't think I'm just missing it. I guess maybe the AI team thought they were helping…
2 votes -
Add a "meniscus" or converging corner type, or rather, the ability to flip corner rounding
It would be really handy to have a corner type whereby the selected points "converge" forward, rather than backwards. While thinking about this, I also thought it would be really handy to have "LEFT/RIGHT" arrow keys be able to "flip" corner rounding in and out, in addition to the "UP/DOWN" switching corner types.
Just saying, this would be a really cool product feature for many people, and probably not too hard to implement!
2 votes -
warp tool - bloat tool
I have several suggestions on this tool :
1 - warp tool and bloat tool should have the same sensitivity. Now, with the same intensity they react extremly differently. I often have to open the dialog box, which is laborious so :
2 - Find a way to adjust the tool without opening the dialog box,
ALt + click = change the size
Alt + Shift + click = change the size proportionaly
Alt + Ctrl + click = change the intensity and voilà!
3 - Is there a way to keep my tool setting, because it is very laborious…2 votes -
Screenshot without the high light going off when i drag my curser over the screen!
I need a clean screenshot. I need the screenshot without the high light going off when I drag my cursor over the screen! Yes. I try using preference and turn off the highlights. It didn't work. It would be great if you have a clear button that states the "SHUT OFF ALL HIGH LIGHTS INFO" button on the preference page.
2 votes -
Make "Increase Diameter" and "Decrease Diameter" hotkeys work for Warp / Bloat / Wrinkle and other tools
Other tools (eg. 'Blob Brush Tool', Blob Brush Erasor Tool', etc.) take the default shortcuts for scale up and down. On my setup that's ] for increase size and [ for decrease size. Multiple tools share those keys, and that's great.
The Warp tool doesn't do this - you have to manually go into the tool preferences to change the scale. This breaks flow and wastes time.
The Warp Tool is a nice idea. It would be a very good tool - if it was fully implimented.
While we're at it, it could also be improved if it had an…
2 votes -
Auto trace for procreate images please and thanks
Please make an auto trace for procreate. It would be a total solid! And it would enable me to get more done and price my work cheaper for my clients.
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Transformations with constrained randomizations
Randomize transformations but constrain them to multiples of set increments, eg 45°, 20° or 2mm, 10mm. Randomize colors. Apply transform to a percentage of objects (or a random percentage). Apply random to each transform individually, eg, rotate, move, not globally as now.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?