Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
588 results found
-
2 votes
-
I have a tablet that is not a Wacom. Wish I could have pressure sensitivity with it. It seems you only support Wacom tablets. : (
I have a tablet that is not a Wacom. Wish I could have pressure sensitivity with it. It seems you only support Wacom tablets. : (
2 votes -
Start drawing (onPenDown) Event option like Photoshop.
Having an option of drawing with the brush, pencil or blob tool on a (PenDown) Event, like in photoshop. Currently a dot or line, only appears on a penUp or penMove. thus it seems like there is a delay when drawing small shading or detailing lines quickly.
Any delay for artists can be annoying.It would great if Ai had that normal event of traditional drawing on paper. mouseUp and mouseMove is ok for a mouse, but a penDown is needed - i think.
If there is such an option, let me know. I cant seem to find it, or…
2 votes -
Disabling Keep Selected option for Pencil tool should not deselect path that is edited
A detail that I'm missing from the legacy Pencil tool.
It’s a missing detail in the option keep to path selected or deselected after being drawn.
When this option is unchecked the object is deselected.
If the path is selected again to be drawn upon to adjust the shape. It deselects it again.
Now that's all logical and according to what the option says its supposed to do.BUT
The legacy Pencil tool before its rewrite it worked almost like that but not quite the same, and it was great.
So you had the option to have the path deseletced after…
2 votes -
Circle-tool — subdivision functionality with arrow keys
As the "Effect > Stylize > Round Edges..." is a little bit flawed if working with short sections and third-party-scripts often show the same problem that short sections rounded often are not a circular section but some weird hyberbole of sorts I often use Circles and subdivisions of those as a stand-in if I need a round corner with a fixed radius. Up to now i have to manually draw a line from the center, rotate it by the angle I want and subdivide it with the knife.
If circles could behave a bit like the polygon tool and its…2 votes -
An option for the pen tool to behave like Photoshop
As a Photoshop user most of the time, I would find it would be much easier to have bezier curve anchors not delete themselves when closing a path or reselecting a path. It would also be great if nudging points with the arrow keys would not interrupt and unselect the current path.
Some preference to toggle these behaviors would be fantastic!
2 votes -
Accessibility Feature for Mouse users
Combining the hand and zoom tools would be ****. Cannot use keyboard shortcuts, left. hand. is unusable. I'm on desktop, mac, mouse only. The toolbar is low contrast can it be a diff color than artboard. I'm also now low-viz user, Illostrator is NOT v welcome to some...
1 vote -
Handle highlight like in Photoshop
Why in Photoshop, a raster-based editor, we get Bezier handles getting highlighted when hovered over with Direct Selection tool, while in Illustrator, a vector-first editor, the wannabe-king of vector graphics, we get nothing?
Just look at the GIFs.
No, I won’t enable Smart Guides just to see 'handle' and a small 'x' that I barely see, along with all the other labeling and snapping.
No, changing the style of handles to hollow doesn’t help.I’d trade all the Turntables in the world, along with all the GenAI moss you grow on the mighty carcass of Illustrator for this one and…
1 vote -
Make GenAI tools to be able to use selected artwork as context
As a branding designer, I often build my layouts directly in Illustrator before using AI tools.
Illustrator's generative AI tools, especially Text to Vector Graphic, should be able to use selected Illustrator objects as design context.
Currently, the AI generates new content without understanding the editable artwork already on the artboard. It ignores selected text, vector paths, colors, gradients, and layouts, which makes it difficult to maintain a consistent design language in professional branding workflows.
I suggest adding a "Use Selected Artwork as Context" option. This would allow the AI to understand selected Illustrator objects and generate graphics that match…
1 vote -
Smart guides disappear when I switch to the eyedropper tool
I have had issues in the 2026 version of illustrator. The smart guides disappear when I choose the eyedropper tool.
After many hours of support with adobe, they found out it was a change that was introduced to the 2026 version, to improve overall application funtionality.
However my feedback to this, is shared with their engineering team, and they will further review this behavior.My hope is that they discard this new change, as the smart guides can be turned off totally, if you do not wish to use them, so I do not understand, why it should disappear on…
1 vote -
Path Eraser tool option to keep the path closed
Maybe while holding Opt/Alt, could be a good way to do it.
I often use the Pencil tool, especially Smooth option while holding Opt/Alt, to clean points when there are too many of them and it works well on curves but not on straight lines (they become wavy).
Sometimes I use the Path Eraser tool, but as its name tells it, it erases the path and then I have to select points and Ctrl+J to join. I just want an option to give us the choice to keep the path closed or not. It would require many less steps to…1 vote -
Pen tool work flow
I use several Adobe products and the Pen tool’s work flow in Illustrator is terrible. A lot of functionality is separated into several different tools that could all be wrapped together into one beautiful tool. The Pen tool’s work flow within Photoshop works so much better! (Make a line, Add or subtract anchor points, Add or break curves, move an anchor point, move a line, rotate a selection of anchor points.) You can do all of this with the Photoshop version of the pen tool as one tools work flow. Within Illustrator you have to switch between a different tool…
1 vote -
Make the Effect Roughen a tool from the toolbar
Please make the Effect "Roughen" an actual tool, accessible from the toolbar. Here is the icon for the concept tool below.
1 vote -
I wish there were a guide window in the illustration showing where I am right now.
It would be helpful if the illustration had a guide or indicator showing my current location.
1 votePlease check Window > Navigator
-
Toggling left click mode
Can we have a toggle feature that controls left-click on and off by just clicking once for activation and once again for deactivation? I think it would be a cool idea to add this as an option because it would allow a default trackpad to be a more accessible tool for longer drawing projects (ie. blob brush work) without exhausting your fingers. Makes the overall program more accessible, too. I would rather be clicking once than holding and dragging my finger on the trackpad. I got the idea from video games that have toggle buttons for lots of monotonous tasks.
1 vote -
Visual Undo Ghosting, Similar to onion skin's in animation.
Have an option to show the last so many undo's as visual similar to onion skinning in animation.
1 vote -
Ferramenta parametrica para a manipulação de vetories com nodes não destrutiva
Acho que o illustrator deveria ter ferramentas de manipulação de vetories e objetos mais profunda. Utilizo softwares como autodesk maia, autodesk 3ds max, blender e houdini no pontualmente em minhas criações e eles tem uma abordagem muito interessante de manipulação 3d de vetores bem complexa.
Além de que, o Illustrator é uma ferramenta muito utilizada por profissionais de branding para criações de logo, ou seja, exige que a forma criada seja o mais unica possível. Uma ferramenta paramentrica, por exemplo, que fizesse modificações como transformações em um objeto através de nodes complexos seria muito interessante.
Grato pelo espaços de diálogo
1 vote -
Find circle from a given arc
A tool that, when clicking on a previously created arc, would calculate and give the circle whose circumference that arc is part of; this would enable easier amendments, recreation etc. Can sometimes be done by trial and error, but not always accurately, particularly with 'shallow' arcs for which the circle can be surprising large - difficult to know buy just increasing size, moving centre, repeating etc.
1 vote -
Frescoの「連続する範囲内を塗り」を追加して欲しい。
ライブペイントではなく、塗りブラシのまま直感的に必要な範囲だけ塗りたい。
これが出来ない&やりづらい為に他社のツールを利用せざる負えないケースが増えた。
1 vote -
Rotation of Subset of Shape Anchor Points via Direct Select
Once you select multiple anchors on a path (but not all of them) you should be able to rotate only those anchors. Currently it's possible to move the anchors but not rotate them.
Ex: You have a path creating a shape of a full body silhouette of a person with the face in profile. The face is looking straight left. You want to adjust the face to be looking more upward. Select the anchors that make up the head then new feature rotate those anchors so the head is tilted upward. Bonus Once you're in the rotate interface, have the…1 vote
- Don't see your idea?