Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have ideas to improve the tools in Adobe Illustrator or to create an independent application to write arabic calligraphy

I was looking to contact Adobe team, i am an artist and calligrapher and graphic designer for more than 30 years.

I have ideas to improve the tools in Adobe Illustrator or to create an independent application to write arabic calligraphy to make a wonderfull peices of art using arabic calligraphic letters.

Also i have a library for more than 100 vector of this type of art which done by Adobe Illustrator, i held an exhibition in Amman-Jordan.https://www.facebook.com/ifonon/

I hope to show this art (calligraphics) through Adobe, this type of art collabroation of hand drawn and brushes in Adobe…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conditional appearance panel

It would be great if you could use some conditional logic together with appearance panel, and possibility to pick individual characters/words (first/middle/last 1, 2,...characters). And also possibility to combine several styles under one appearance, together with some input panel for user interaction). That would make it possibility to do more repeat things that you now need an action for but instead could use a style. Because actions I have tried tend to have a lot of errors to them, sooner or later. So maybe this could become a more stable option and I can see how this can make Illustrator…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. export for web, hide extension box stays checked each at export

export for web, hide extension box stays checked each at export
    it has never been like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Appearance panel - Stroke on rectangle shape

I have a rectangle shape in my appearance panel. When I try to add a stroke to it, I get a row saying "outline stroke" (underdotted as if it should be able to change) and popup tips saying "click to edit effect". But nothing happens when trying to click to open stroke settings. So I'm not sure if this is a bug, feature request or simply me doing it wrong. Anyway, it seams to be meant to work, if not it would be great if you could add things like strokes to these shape rectangles/circles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Interaction in graphic styles, with several inputs

Graphic styles is only something you apply. I would like some interactions possibilities with the graphic styles, so that you for example could get an interactions panel that told you what kind of interactions you could do (insert photo/graphic/text etc). And that when you clicked on each possible interaction in the panel, then a pin, marked box or something would highlight in the graphic where the input would take place. Like many web images have, with hot spots. Would be one way to do it. The important thing is not how it is done, but that you get to have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Relative placement shapes in appearance panel

When you use shapes in appearance panel and save to reuse, then the look you get is depending on the text you type in as these shapes move in relation to the text. If I want to have a square that does not move with the text but at the beginning of text, no matter how long text, then that is impossible. Would be great with more options and fix regarding all this with shapes in appearance panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Several type input in appearance panel

It would be great if one could have several inputs of type in the appearance panel, so one can style two (or more) different type with one appearance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. appearance fill shape options rectangle - set percentage also (instead of points)

Hi! In Appearance fill "shape options" where one can set background rectangle. It would be good if you could set percentage values and not only points. Because it limits the use. Then the look depend on how big your artwork is. It is a difference to have 10 point margin to a square 100 point rectangle compared to 1000 point rectangle. So please add that possibility. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Angle of control handles and selected anchor points in Info panel?

For creating smooth transitions from a bezier curve to a straight line, it would be very useful to get information on the angle of the tangents.
    In general - it would be nice when the Info box displays the angle of the line between two selected points.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User folder for custom brushes and graphic styles

It would be great if there were a way to quickly save a selected custom brush and/or graphic style to a single user folder. This would make access easier, and enable better organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy and Paste mesh points into a mesh replacing selected points

I have to make changes to a series or envelope meshes the top section is the same and the bit I need to change so it would be nice to copy the points from one mesh into another by just overlaying the meshes and transferring the points from one to the other

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Opening Last opened/recent documents

Problems opening Last opened/recent documents in Adobe Illustrator

I teach Adobe Illustrator to around 60 16 year olds.
    When they first open the program & either double click on the image of their last document it often won't open. In fact it often opens another recent file, but not the one they actually have clicked on. The only way round I have found to get up their work is to >window & turn Application Frame off? This is far from ideal & I don't understand why it's suddenly started happening......
    As you can imagine the 16 year olds find this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Data Merge Batch process

Give Illustrator the same functionality panel of Data Merge of Indesign. Works better and supports Data Tabbed exported from Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Illustrator CC 2019 (oct) NOT as default program for file extension .doc

Just upgraded to Creative Cloud 4.7.0.400, from 24.09.2018 on Windows 8.

Weirdly my E-Mail client suddenly opens .doc-files in Illustrator CC. I checked Windows 8's default program setting for file extension .doc ... it's still set to "Word". The E-Mail client (Opera Mail) is pretty slim and itself has no way of setting file extension behaviours - it's depending on the systems settings.

The Bridge's file extension dialog in Bridge settings does not list .DOC files, so it's not set to illustrator there either.

However if i go into windows file extension settings again, highlight .doc and click "edit program"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Background when making pattern

When I make a pattern and choose "size tile to art" and have a negative spacing, then it's not possible to have a background in the pattern, because then it clips the artwork. I haven't found a way to get passed this so it would be great if background was somehow in it's own layer beneath, so that it didn't clip the artwork.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2018 Illustrator CC is crazy slow / extreme lag on fast touchbar mac

AI is extraordinarily slow to do anytlhing, even select tools, or draw or duplicate objects. I have a very fast computer:
    2016 MBP 2.9ghz intel core i7
    16gb ram
    radeon pro 460
    running OS 10.13.6
    I have 60gbb free of space on my SSD.

I haven't worked in AI for several years, but I'm deeply familiar with PS, and I'm following a tutorial on how to draw a geometric shape. So thats what I'm doing in the project. Very simple stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXrYGcrFpw

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ADOBE!! I have a request. Would you consider creating a T-shirt making app for Illustrator? It would be great to be able to design your layo

ADOBE!! I have a request. Would you consider creating a T-shirt making app for Illustrator? It would be great to be able to design your layout, take a look at your sample, then send to a printer to print! It's a thought 😀

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expect Adobe Mobile App Illustrator Draw on iPad like Mental Canvas on Surface sketch and drawing, and available in China.

Expect Adobe Mobile App Illustrator Draw (and Photoshop Sketch) on iPad like Mental Canvas on Surface sketch and drawing, and available in China iOS App Store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base