Libraries Panel Disappears and cannot be accessed once reopened when you use Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or asset from it.
When editing objects colors using swatches, or pulling in an item from the library, if you immediately use Ctrl+[ to change the layer your selection is on, it closes the library panel. When reopened, none of the items in the library appear in the panel, and you cannot save changes to any assets you have currently open20 votes
I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.
Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.
You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html
Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!
1. Created text or other items in an RGB AI doc.
2. Add to CC library via drag and drop.
3. Open CMYK AI doc
4. Right click the RGB item and select "Place Copy" (looks like that's cut off on the GIF — probably recorded with too few frames).
Expected result: RGB items converted to CMYK
Actual result: CMYK doc converted to RGB15 votes
We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.
In AI 24.0.1, drag an object to a library and this message appears:
"Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?"
Thanks for reaching out.
Kindly try out the following steps as the resolution for this issue -
1. Close Illustrator in-case it is already open
2. Go to the following folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\locale\x64\New Document Profiles for mac ~User/Library/Appliction Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24/locale/New Document Profiles
3. Take backup of this somewhere
4. Delete the original folder
5. Re-launch Illustrator
- Don't see your idea?