CC Library complains about Legacy format in AI 2020
In AI 24.0.1, drag an object to a library and this message appears:
"Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?"
Thanks for reaching out.
Kindly try out the following steps as the resolution for this issue -
1. Close Illustrator in-case it is already open
2. Go to the following folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\locale\x64\New Document Profiles for mac ~User/Library/Appliction Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24/locale/New Document Profiles
3. Take backup of this somewhere
4. Delete the original folder
5. Re-launch Illustrator
Yes, you have to delete the mentioned folders.
If I understand it correctly, the solution is to throw away your personally created new document profiles?
Davis House commented
Had this happen today with a new file in current CC Illus.
on version 24.1 and still having this problem
1) For Mac Users, the correct folder path is:
~User/Library/Appliction Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24/de_DE/New Document Profiles
2) Deleting the aforementioned files resulted in Illustrator to re-create them - now as native AI-24 documents!
3) This seems to work - however: Since our company is working with straight color management setup, adding new items to a libary NOW resulted in a pop up complaining about the default color profile.
4) Knowing now how the whole shebang works, the step to silence the library traffic was easy enough to find out: Opening any of the five documents Illustrator re-created in the aforementioned folder (Print, Web, Mobile etc.) changing the default color profile setup and saving them (note: first you must save them onto your desktop – or somewhere you like, since the default documents cannot overwrite) – after that: REPLACE the documents in the "New Document Profiles" Folder with those you just created and – Kull Wahad! – now it works like a charm! :-D
Here comes an additional handy tip: Remove from these documents any stuff, you dispise to see in "new" documents you start from scratch (e.g. brushes, symbols, colors or styles) and had to remove them a hundred times manually – and from now on, when starting with a new document, they're begone FOREVER!
Thank you very much, Adobe Team.
Teri Baker commented
I am having the same problem. Resetting my preferences did not help. I am running Illustrator Version 24.1.1 on Windows 10, 64-bit, NVIDIA GPU 442.92. I checked for Adobe updates, but Creative Cloud doesn't indicate there are any available.
Can confirm, that this problem is valid - with some restrictions.
I created an object in 24.1.2 and tried to add it to the library. Same error as described in this topic.
Then I saved this file and tried to add it to the library with the following versions: 24.1.1, 24.0.2 and 24.0
Every version was showing the legacy-warning.
I then tried to add an object from a NEW file (created in version 24.0) to the library. This worked fine.
After seeing this, I copied the object from the "newer" file which was originally created in 24.1.2 into a file created with 24.0 and was able to add it to the library as expected.
Updating to the newest version again brought this issue up again.
Barry Rowell commented
It did not for me and I am using library artwork this in a series of documents and locations that I don't want update by hand every time someone makes a change to the stupid logo.
Abbenyi Kadro commented
Running 24.0.3. Reset all preferences and dialogs. Still having this issue.
But it is back in 24.0.3
Dylan Weaver commented
Of course! *smacks head* – Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!
Dylan Weaver commented
I still have the problem, even on illustrator 24.0.1.
It seems that the problem stopped appearing.
I can in 24.0.1 drag to a library without getting the message.