Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2 results found

1. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We understand your problem, but need some more information to get to the root cause of the problem areas. We’d require information about the specific workflows, tools, features with which you’re noticing performance degradation in Illustrator.

Here are some performance-related issues that are already reported in Illustrator User Voice. If you too are facing a similar issue, kindly add your vote on the relevant threads. If your issue is not listed here, please feel free to open up a new thread. We’re marking this thread as closed for now.

1.Overprint Preview / CPU Previews in 5k→ https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/34318231-performance-issues-in-pixel-preview-on-5k-retina-s

2.Performance issues in basic operations Zoom / Pan

3.Performance issues in Specific features
    Rulers→https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/32228167-laggy-performance-with-rulers-turned-on
    Shape Builder→https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/40204285-shape-builder-performance

Thanks for your patience and support!
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

2. Modified link, Missing Link pop ups

Basically I get a pop up of modified or missing links every 2 to 3 minutes, constantly, it keeps happening with different files, I do have links but they are not being modified nor missing!!! And it drives me crazy, this is new for me, since I updated to Ai 2020. Any help?

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base