Command bar in app
It would be great to have an IN APP COMMAND BAR to;
access each menus and options from NAV BAR in all ADOBE TOOLS especially PHOTOSHOP, ILLUSTRATOR, IN DESIGN..
With a simple key combination; a COMMAND BAR appears to reach quicky to menu item with text writing. Eg: COMMAND+SHIFT+P
By adding this option to all CREATIVE CLOUD APPS, people no need to modify SHORTCUTS or no need to EXPLORE NEW SHORTCUTS.
It's the new way of reaching all options to NAV MENU CONTENTS from ONE, SIMPLE COMMAND BAR. CURRENT ACTIONS or User created ACTIONS Names will be listed.
Thank you for supporting.
Please see SCREENSHOT I attached.
Also posted here with additional replies. Details on this page:
H.Kagan Gungor commented
Hey Egor, thank you.
F1 is quite ok but users should comfortible with Creative Studio apps -if you make thins easier than 3rd party tools. Please check SublimeText editor - COMMAND+SHIFT+P key.
Creative tools not to be educator but must make thinngs easier for its users.
When the Discover panel got added into Illustrator, I hoped it would work the same way.
We can call it with a hotkey (F1), it’s type ready, it gives results while you type, it searches all at once: tools, top menus, help articles... it highlights the menus also.
But then I realized it’s far away from being anything usable.
1. It’s not a panel, but a window, and there are problems with focusing it
2. It’s SLOW. Instead of instant results of a fuzzy search, we wave to wait, sometimes several seconds. Sometimes just nothing happens, and it shows the previous result (see image 1). Sometimes typing more helps, sometimes not, and I have to relaunch it get my results (see image 2).
3. It does not show you hotkeys, so it does not educate you
4. It does not search everything. We have a whole zoo of panels’ flyout menus, and accessing these is still MOUSE ONLY — in 2023. Try to toggle Scale Strokes and Effects with it, yeah.
5. Down arrows keys to move the cursor to the results sometimes (most of times) just FAIL.
So yeah, this panel still sucks.
There are several third-party solution I know of.
First, it’s Finder extension by n8ivestudio, but, unfortunately, it’s still is semi-closed Beta. There is no link even I can share.
Then there is a command panel by Josh Duncan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhh_Dvfs0ro
And I bet there are more. Still Discover sucks :(