When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. converting Freehand files to Illustrator

Please Adobe, provide some way to convert Freehand files to Illustrator. You have completely abandoned a generation of designers and artists whose work is now inaccessible since you purchased Macromedia. You know those files will likely be revised in Illustrator...it can only fuel your subscriptions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For all Adobe apps, make a Save icon at the top.

Make a Save icon at the top so that we could save our work often and quickly with a mouse click instead of interrupting the work flow to do a File Save or even Ctrl - S.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export slices as HTML

I have always used illustrator and photoshop to work in for websites. I then normally open in Dreamweaver and finish the job off. Why can I no longer use the slices I have created in illustrator to create my initial html template... I don't seem to be able to export any more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop the over Writing of SVG vs Illistrator File saves

I work with a laser cutter which uses SVG files. Whenever I SaveAs "svg" the file/program I'm working on now turns into said svg save.

Id like it to stay as it's Illustrator file self so once I'm done making edits I can just save as normal. Currently when ever I save as an SVG I have to go Save As again and overwrite/replace the Illustrator file I'm working on. I've ran into issues before where if I do this too many times it sort of corrupts the ability to save as a SVGs.

Would like the feature where in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add automated color bar, separation color information - Print PDF output

Hi! I am missing a choice in PDF save or export. In the print industry is needed to add colour information for the customer, what colours is the artwork made from - esp. when we use solid colours. Customers need this for the approval process so we have to add this colour-bar manually. In the PDF (composite PDF) window there are Marks and Bleed choices, but there is missing a choice to choose a colour information automatically generated from the document colours - separations. The colour information can be graphical (squares with separation names) or text based (separation name in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. DXF

salve , ho dovuto tornare alla versione 25.0.1 perchè la versione 25.1 ha grossi problemi con i file DXF , dopo averlo esportato bisogna chiudere illustrator altrimenti risulta sempre aperto , ha problemi nell'importazione dei DXF

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PNG options, add resolution 96dpi

I believe we first had the resolutions 72, 150 and 300 in the PNG options dialog. Now I see 4, 18 and 36 have been added. A frequently used resolution that is missing is 96dpi. Please add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Variable Data, Batch Save and Export should be able to grab filenames from CSV.

When exporting variable data with a batch save/export command, instead of being limited to File + Number, File + Data Set Name, Data Set Name, there should be an option to grab from a variable within the data. If your variable is named '$Filename', then it recognizes that column as the filename.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Each new updates of illustrator , auto save is automatically turned off !

even though it should import all previous setings. ( box check)
    Could you please fix this ?

it doesnt import this particular setting

thanks mr Adobe

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Organize art boards

Organize and name art boards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to change filename and file size dimensions with "Export as..." option

I can no longer save my file with it's filename when exporting an artboard for client review. I would like to be able to have control over the naming of the file and the dimensions I export to (especially when building out billboard art files). If there was an option that showed file size and dimensions like in the previous "Save to Web" that would be optimal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. save

Greetings,

Just updating to 2021 software from CC2. Yes, I'm a dinosaur. One small but glaring difference is in previous versions, when I would Save, the Save screen would already have the file name highlighted so I could quickly type and rename it, or move the cursor. Now, I have to click on the file name field to make any changes. Small detail, but much more efficient previously. This goes for all of your products I assume, or certainly PS and INDD.

Regards,
    Jason

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customize Export Formats

I use only two export formats on a regular basis. It would be nice if could disable the formats I don't use. It is cumbersome to have to scroll through all the formats every time I use them. In older AI versions, each format was like a plug-in file that could be removed if not being used. It would also be nice if individual formats could be assigned keyboard shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Asset Export: Name assets after the layer they're on

When adding objects to Asset Export, there should be an option to name the assets after the layer they're on. This would be particularly helpful when there are a large number of assets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Views haven't updated in a while

Views haven't updated in a while. I can't figure out why. can anyone help me? this process slows down my work so much.

Illustrator 2021 - 25.2
    MacOS Mojave
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)3,2 GHz Intel Core i5
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1 Go

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export to Screens

Please change the name Export to Screens. It seems like saving low Res files in RGB just for screens. Also need presets that can be used next time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Place all pages of a PDF or AI file as links - same as InDesign

Working at a design studio, we create digital proofs that are set up on a template so our proof pages all look streamlined. We use one working file (.AI) and place that file as linked images into a separate proof file (.AI).

Currently you can only place one page of the AI or PDF file at a time. This can be really tedious when there are a dozen or more images we want to place. We like to maintain the link so that we don't need to export files to relink to the proof file every time we want a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically update legacy format when saving...

When working on an older version of illustrator - when you save, you get a notice about saving in a legacy format. I would like a preferences option to automatically save in the latest version when working on legacy files. Right now I have to use save as.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save a Copy from Adobe Cloud Document.

I've noticed that when you use the new Save to Cloud Documents feature (which is very nice and convenient) the option to Save a Copy is disabled.

I'm working on a manual to be viewed as a PDF on mobile devices, so I have to constantly save a PDF copy of my .aic document in order to send it to myself via WhatsApp (which is the target) and review it.

Not having the Save a Copy option is quite inconvenient. Could you guys enable it?

Thanks a lot!
    J.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Keyboard shortcut for Relink (Link palette)

One of the features I use very heavily is the Relink button in the Link palette. It has major advantages over the Place function:

1) it automatically replaces selected linked images (Place requires you to check the Replace checkbox, which becomes unchecked once you do any other Place that isn't a replace)

But most importantly,
    2) It allows you to relink multiple linked images (replacing them in order from topmost to bottommost).

Since there is literally no other way to replace multiple linked images in a single action (Place grays out the Replace checkbox if you have more than one…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base