When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ( Export for Screens ) more file format support

Add more file formats + CMYK ability to export for screens.

Here's an example for a customer that wants multiple logos with multiple taglines for multiple usecases. (check attachment)

Am i supposed to manually generate 200 files in the future?

More formats gogogogogo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjust Artboard to image

When opening a pixel image in Ai (to add vector details), Ai does not set the Artboard size to the boundaries of the image. Would be nice when it does.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When exporting the saving dialogue doesn't take you to the source location

When exporting, the saving dialogue doesn't take you to the source location which used to be the case. It takes you to Downloads instead which is not convenient for file organization.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support SVG Tiny P/S

Support SVG Tiny P/S :: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svg-tiny-ps-abrotman/

This is part of the work on BIMI (bimigroup.org), but we hope that this format will have a wider use case. It's a smaller profile than Tiny. The format may change in the future, but perhaps initial support could be created.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export Layers by name as SVG

As I am creating graphics for an video, I wanted to export the layers by name and import it to other software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Embroidery Digitizing Features

Please add the ability to do embroidery digitizing within this program; including the ability to export in the most common embroidery file types. If not, a standalone program added to Creative Cloud would be greatly appreciated. This would be especially useful on Macs, because there aren't as many software programs that specialize in digitizing as there are on PC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the ability to export as a .ico file. It would be great if we could export multiple sizes into a single .ico file.

I create icons for a living. It's frustrating that Illustrator doesn't allow the export of .ico files and all users are required to resort to free online converters (.png to .ico). I've seen MANY users complaining about this online, what's the hold up?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Security settings for PDF Authoring

Even though I have a preset when saving my PDF from Illustrator, the security settings never save. Often I have to send out files to people who I must have files locked. But every time I save a pdf I have to type in the same password and change the settings under security. Please let the preset save security settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export Selected Artboards for Screens

Instead of having to note all the Artboard ID numbers, it would be nice to select the Artboards (Artboard Tool) then Export Selected for Screens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to save "export-profiles" in the "save for screens"-dialogue.

Can we please get the option to save "export-profiles" in the "save for screens"-dialogue. Its a major pain and a waste time rebuilding those for every purpose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. データをEPS形式で保存する際に、上書き保存になるようにしてほしい

今までは、作業データをEPS形式で保存する際に、指定した場所に同名のファイルがあれば上書き保存できていたが、現在は、指定したファイル名の末尾に「_01」等が勝手に付け加えられ、別名保存になってしまう。これまでの方法で上書き保存できるようにしてほしい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow SharePoint Online functionality

Provide the same functionality as in Adobe DC Pro to add a SharePoint Site to Illustrator to open and edit documents directly online without having to download and not to use OneDrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow to filter files in Recent menu/section to include only AI documents and exclude chosen formats like PDF, JPEG, TIFF, Save a Copy, etc.

RECENT FILES SHOULD IDEALLY BE ONLY AI DOCUMENTS.

If I have exported say 10 jpgs in my previous session, on start-up my RECENT FILES is over-run with those JPG file names. They all have the same thumbnail too. That's outrageous!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable bristle brush warning

Whenever a document contains any bristle brush (or expanded bristle brush strokes) you get a warning when you save the document that it contains complex shapes etc.

Could you please make it possible to completely disable this warning?

I know you can tick "Don't show again in the current session" but that's not enough. The warning pops up again the next time you open the document and working on multiple documents containing bristle brushes gets quite annyoing in the long run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Original illustration creation date

It is imperative for copyrighting purposes that an original illustration creation date is saved somewhere in the metadata regardless of future tweaks to said illustration which are SAVED AS in the same file name, hence changing the origination date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export All Individual Layers Seperately options. (Create Stems)

Please allow the option for illustrator/Photoshop/inDesign to export individual layers (cropped or uncropped) + ALSO export selected layers only AND/OR grouped layers only (cropped or uncropped).
    Also; Please add a "solo" view layers button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export individual artboard for PDF and images.

Can you make the export individual or range artboards for pdf and images? it would be very helpful for people who doesn’t want to export all of their artboards.
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. For all Adobe apps, make a Save icon at the top.

Make a Save icon at the top so that we could save our work often and quickly with a mouse click instead of interrupting the work flow to do a File Save or even Ctrl - S.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base