1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. Support for "9-slice scaling" in SVG

SVG export breaks "9-slice scaling". This is understandable, since SVG has no such concept built-in.

But SVG can do something like this. Or "4-slice scaling". See, for example:

https://w3.eleqtriq.com/2014/03/the-holy-grail-of-image-scaling/

I would like to see Illustrator's SVG export offer this feature, given that Illustrator does.

At the very least, if implementation wont happen, or is delayed, please mention that 9-slice scaling is not working in SVG export in the docs and (for bonus points) as a warning in the export dialog box (in cases where the document uses this feature).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Network drives support

I can't believe what I read on this Adobe support page (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html) about using Illustrator files only on your LOCAL drive.
    How is it possible Adobe drove it's software into this nightmare?
    If we really can't acces and save our files on a local network drive then I am really done with it...

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide some information in order to reproduce the issue on our end. Please provide the below information –
    The version of Illustrator you are using ?
    Hardware details?
    Your operating system?
    Is this happening even with a small file?
    Can you please share the file with which this is happening every time you save on server?

This will help us to investigate into the issue.

3. Asset Export - Filename field is too short

I need the filename field to be longer in the Asset Export panel. There's not enough room for clientnamedepartmentnameclr_logo naming schemes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Exporting SVG icons to use for web overrides classnames colours get all messed up

When you have multiple icons exported in SVG to use for web, once its introduced in the code their classnames get overridden and the colours get messed up of all icons.

Our programmers are having to open each icon in text editor Atom/Sublime and change the name of the class names for a different and unique name to avoid overriding between files. It's quite frustrating and time consuming for them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Guillermina,

File > Export > Export As provides an option to create unique class names and IDs to avoid clashes when merging different SVG files into one document. In the SVG options panel select “Unique” under “Object IDs”.

Does this address your issue?

Greetings,
    Dirk

5. Export for Screen Quality of export

Not sure if it has been asked or discussed (spent way to much time searching for it and not finding it) but the "export for screens" exports terrible quality - mostly for jpg.

The quality is jagged and blurry when exporting a large graphic with text that has been outlined. Yet, when I use the legacy export for the same width and size I want, the quality is far superior whilst still having a small footprint in size.

Why is the legacy export, in any format, so much better than the "export for screens" that you have made default?

Often…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export symbols to SVG like as native path/vector

It would be very coherent to have an option to configure a "break link" when exporting symbols to SVG, leaving it as a common vector.
    Currently, exporting symbols to svg creates a <symbol> element, leaving us with no freedom to manipulate every SVG as usual.
    Extra hint: Put the symbol name as ID of the converted object in vector.
    Since in Web projects, we need SVG with all its elements in native shapes/paths.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adson,

Thanks a lot for adding your feature request to Uservoice. Just to confirm, symbols are references by at the moment but you’d rather like to have the actual instance added directly:

Turns to:

Is this correct? What issues do you have with ?

7. The ability to check an option for "convert lines to shapes" when I export different formats

When exporting a file to SVG.... I wish there was a check box where I can specify it converts all lines to shapes on export to SVG... This way I do not have to do the conversion manually... and then revert back when I save ai version...

Often I get messages that distract me and then I forget to revert back and accidentally save the ai version with lines as shapes... then my mast ai version gets messed up...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for reporting the feature request. When you say shape do you mean you want lines to get converted to SVG elements? Does this apply to the other shapes like, ellipse, circle or rectangles as well?

Greetings,
    Dirk

8. Export to resolutions below 72 DPI

Currently export to raster formats seem to have a 72 DPI minimum. For making thumbnail versions of art, it would be great to be able to export to lower resolutions. It is a drag to have to use Photoshop to do a job that it seems like Illustrator could easily do by itself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe have to improve the SVG exportation tool

Adobe have to improve the SVG tool, because we need to create new document to be able export SVG CODE directly from Illustrator file...
    Will be better, if we colect files to export, and on this function, be able to export not just SVG file, but also the SVG code, to use diretly on CSS and HTML.
    Will be a great help to web designers.
    Cumpz :)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?