Illustrator Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to Resize Tool Panels (vertical axis)

Cannot 'grab' the bottom edge of a panel in the right column to move up or down. Panel size seems 'locked.' This causes lots of wasted space in the right column tool set UI. This problem exists in both the Essentials workspace and the Essentials Classic. This was not an issue in previous versions of Ai. Thanks for addressing this bug!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

2. Zoom in and Zoom Out Through Mouse Wheel

In previous Adobe PD and Illustrator versions i was using preferences setting to change the zoom with Mouse Wheel, but in this version it is not available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Images with Transparent Backgrounds add a white background to It after Image tracing

When I take a image with a transparent background I expect after I expand it that there is no white background added to it and it remains transparent.

This is not what is happening, I get a white background when using image trace and it adds SO MUCH time and tedious work to remove all the white from very complex images.

For the cost of this program this is like a punishment, Im paying adobe to put me through **** in my own work. Not cool adobe, not cool....

DROPBOX LINK: (124.00 MB)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a95p310ufwq749/Capto_Capture%202017-12-20_11-09-35_PM.mov?dl=0

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we get scale with shift back?

For most of us, this is muscle memory. Something we've been doing for years and years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import SVG masks without crashing

Illustrator app crashes when an SVG mask is referenced more than once. This has been in successive releases of Illustrator. Also nested masks aren't supported either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator Lag

Illustrator super slow and laggy even in outline view on Mac. Started after last two updates. Have restarted both Illustrator and mac. Takes forever to save and move objects, have to click multiple times for it to actually select the object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expect Adobe Mobile App Illustrator Draw on iPad like Mental Canvas on Surface sketch and drawing, and available in China.

Expect Adobe Mobile App Illustrator Draw (and Photoshop Sketch) on iPad like Mental Canvas on Surface sketch and drawing, and available in China iOS App Store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expect Adobe Mobile App Illustrator Draw on iPad like Mental Canvas on Surface sketch and drawing, and available in China.

Expect Adobe Mobile App Illustrator Draw (and Photoshop Sketch) on iPad like Mental Canvas on Surface sketch and drawing, and available in China iOS App Store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Thanks a fkng Lot Adobe.

I am unable to save my illustrator files. They all appear blank. I am on a deadline & Adobe is literally screwing with my income. WTF?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Illustrator 5 crashes everytime i try saving a file

Hi, every time I try to save my file on illustrator it crashes, I'm using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, any advice?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AI CC 2018 SLOW!!

I can't even begin to share my frustration with how SLOW the performance of the AI CC 2018. I've reset preferences, restarted, reinstalled...

I'm running a 2017 Macbook Pro - everything should be running just fine but I see others are having similar issues with the speed. Must be a bug and needs to be addressed!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base