Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have a clear path to turn off tool tips/ rich tool tips and tours

I appreciate you want to make your software more accessible but these features ruin the pro-user experience add better control over libraries while your at it I should be able to disable libraries once and globally.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hint all Preferences options, even without (i) icon

Some options in Preferences are mystery for new users, but the team believe only some (just 3!) should have a dedicated (i) icon to display a hover hint.

No.

ALL options should have a hover hint.

How on Earth a user can guess what 'Show/Hide Rulers' does? It feels like it is the same as View > Rulers > Show / Hide Rulers, but no, it’s not! You have to search for it! (just rename this one already)

Or what about enigmatic 'Enable Content Aware Defaults'? What are these? OK, pros know, Puppet Warp, Lorem Ipsum, Freeform Gradient control points.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show 'Can’t join a path' message as a soft one

Modal dialogs are very dated. They grab attention, they interrupt workflows, they yell at you. Most times we don’t need these as loud as they are — a whisper is nice.
    And Ai actually now has these, 'soft' messages, like the one we get when we modify a live shape — 'Shape expanded', at the top of the view, in a gray rectangle. Calm, non-intrusive, with auto-destruction timer. Nice!

But there are other, legacy warnings and screams.
    The most annoying for me persoanlly is the one I get when I try to join a closed path (just in case, to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display command assigned hotkeys in Discover panel’s search results

When you search for a command in Discover panel, Illustrator gives you the results, but never actually tries to educate a user further with teaching him assigned keyboard shortcuts.
    Figma does it!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make a more integrated way to report bugs

Figma allows to report bugs directly from the web app.
    You go 'Help > Contact Us > Report a bug'. Then you fill out the form, directly in the app, provide steps, attach files... looks very similar to the approach Ai uses, but more streamlined, with no intermediate steps.
    Once it’s done, the dropdown is collapsed, and you are where you were at the moment.

To report bugs in Illustrator you have to search for the way.
    First one should locate 'Help > Submit Bug/Feature Request'. This redirects you to the browser, to http://www.adobe.com/go/aiWishform/, which can redirect you (with…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have a panel that shows info and keyboard modifiers for the current tool

All Adobe applications are quite complex beasts, and what all the tools do and particularly what holding different modifiers or keys do can be quite arcane.

I imagine a panel you can have open on the side, and it will show information and the modifier options for the currently active tool.

For instance for the Star tool, it can say what Shift, Option and Command keys do, and that you can press Arrow Up and Arrow Down to increase the number of points as you drag.

Pro users can keep the panel closed, but it can really help new users…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop with the survey

Please stop making the **** survey strip popup. I think I’ve had to close it at least 20 times over the past three months. It really irks me and makes me a little upset every time - it is really distracting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please create hands-on tutorials inside application same as in AfterEffects

AfterEffects has hands-on tutorials inside the application where user can learn and practice side-by-side simultaneously. Very useful and effective to have. Please create the same resources for Illustrator.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Escape trying out a new feature

Let me escape trying out a new feature you want me to try, because I don't want to try it. Give me an X. Give me a "close."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Get rid of Tool Tips for known tools

Please add a X to the big distracting Tool Tips. Clicking the X should hide the tip for that specific tool.

This will keep the tips for less used tools, but gets rid of the annoying tips for tools that we are using for decades. It will personalize the help system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove size limitation on playing tutorial videos in the Discovery window

Illustrator allows playing tutorial videos in the Discover panel (Help > Tutorials). However, the size of the video is constrained by the width constraint on the Discovery window. There is no apparent way to enlarge the video big enough to see the detail in the video to follow along with the tutorial. Tutorial videos should be able to be enlarged up to full screen. Many videos only appear to be accessible now through the in-app tutorial.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AI Reference Guide - Downloadable

I would love to see a return of a downloadable reference guide / user manual. I want the ability to read through it offline, occasionally print the page that's pertinent to my task, and have a book that is physically on my desk (not the desktop).. FYI, on this page (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/faq.html), under Learning Illustrator > Where can I find the manual, the answer is: "You can find web and PDF versions of the Illustrator manual on the Illustrator Help page." I'm still looking for that PDF...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please print "User Guides" books again. You do not need to constantly update them:

Physical "User Guide" books were far more quicker and easier to use to get answers to questions on how to use Adobe Illustrator. The book form could come out ever two years at most, including new updates, when it reaches a certain amount of pages, start a new volume. If you already have this online, or in a PDF format, please let me know where I can find it on your website and if you do have it online, does it have an "index" to look items up? Or just a search window? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accessibility of tutorial videos, for users with hearing impairment

I am a new creative cloud user and need to use Illustrator as part of my university course so wanted to access the learn ‘how to’ tutorials, but found the video tutorials for Illustrator does not have ‘closed captions’ nor printable version of the text. I checked some of the other Adobe programs within creative cloud and they are the same, so I contacted Adobe online chat who sent me on to an online dedicated adviser. I was then told no accessibility options available for the tutorial videos.

Please could you pass my feedback to Adobe….

Accessibility on the learn…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better Customer Care

How about better customer follow up?

I've had4 on-line tech support "episodes" over MANY, MANY hours, only to have the tech tell me nothing is wrong with Illustrator. I've asked to escalate the case with a follow up call from Senior Support TWICE (See attachments). We agreed on a call back time/day/number and I have not had any follow up from Adobe.

Please get your act together! From what I've been reading on line, people's patience is running thin.

Adobe! Are you listening?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be helpful if you made allowable suggestions, such as, " paint in clipping paths not allowed, convert to paint group now."<

If you're not going to make your paint feature natural or useful, then you could provide allowable suggestions. Suggestions such as, " Paint in clipping paths not allowed, convert to paint group now," then you would click yes or no to convert. Instead, you have created an information loop Where your customers have a problem, you acknowledge the problem, and send your customers on their way to find their own solutions to solve that problem. A problem you have created in the first place. This would be a very helpful feature for you to add.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update the list of fixes and changes in a timely manner

I use CC2018 behind a firewall, and don't have access to "Check for updates" menu option. Adobe used to post a list of fixes that were in a new version or patch (for most Adobe apps).
    I cannot find such a list anywhere, but I need to know what patches are available, and what is fixed, so I can request updates from IT department as appropriate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Take that light bulb icon that accesses tutorials and push it further...

Take your tutorial access feature and push it further, make it a customizable recipe resource, not unlike a cookbook.

• Enable users to save (links to) tutorials relevant to their specific interests AND allow them to bookmark.
    • This idea fits well with all your apps.
    • Explore some ways to encourage users to post accessible tutorials on Adobe Cloud, formatted for this function. That would stimulate your apps community greatly. Example: Zbrush
    Ps. The new properties feature is awesome. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Harmonizing Adobe Illustrator App with Website Icons and Selection Tools

If Adobe Illustrator on the app matched the website, it'd be easier to get the hang of things. Take a cue from Affinity Designer—having a similar layout on the app as the website makes learning smoother. Imagine being on your iPad while the instructor's on the website, but it all looks and works the same way. That kind of consistency, including toggles and tool names, would be a real plus for the Illustrator app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base