1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

766 results found

1. Fix the zoom error

Zoom error when edit artboard name. Illustrator automaticaly zoom 1700% and miss the pixels, after I zoom out a bit, there are the real pixels on 1600%.
    Every time I edit an artboard name, I must check, that my icon ruined or only the bug... please why?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Use dark mode open/save dialogs in Mac OS Catalina

The open and save dialogs currently appear light when the OS is set to dark mode. Can you fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add 'Average & Join' to the Object > Path menu

There is Object > Path > Average, and there is Object > Path > Join. And there is also the very useful Average & Join command... but that's only discoverable if you go digging through the Keyboard Settings and notice it lurking in the 'Other Object' section.

Please make it easier for novices to discover it, and for experts to point novices to it, by adding Object > Path > Average & Join right below the two menu items it combines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. go back to the old zoom

The old zoom was faster and more efficient. Re-Centering with command + REALLY slows me down. And the Magnifying tool is not accurate. I need to zoom in on something very specific and the new style is just sloppy. It's zoom, re-position, zoom, re-position, etc. The old command + just zoomed at what you were currently looking at and the tool allowed a box to be made and a room that specific box. This feels like I am drawing with crayons after using a 0.5 pencil lead for years. This new style is a downgrade, sorry.

Looks like below someone…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have hundreds of ideas, I have been working with Illustrator every day since version 1 but you never implement my ideas

I have hundreds of ideas, I have been working with Illustrator every day since version 1, like 10 hours on most days but you never implement my ideas.

Here are three more.

Include an option to render lines around the artboards or not, currently I have to go over my complete layout and trace every artboard becouse they don't render and leave my artwork borderless.

When I save for web but hit enter to soon a dialogue box opens up under the web preview and I am unable to close the window without force the program to restart.

Often when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Menu View - New View - Rotate View

Hi,

If the option of rotating Artboard is too difficult in Illustrator, maybe it is easier to create "rotated views"?

When working with packaging, the inability to rotate the view of the packaging walls while working in one document is really a prehistory of creative work. In a professional program, this must be resolved by the Adobe Customer Support Team.

Thank you everyone for the current effort.
    Best Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Properties panel displays useless duplicate options when More Options is clicked

In properties palette, when an object is selected, click on the ... on the right side of the first section AKA More OPTIONS displays the exact same thing that is already in the top section WITH the addition of the Scale corners and strokes, etc. What is the world is that for? Why not just have the OPTIONS to be the scale part and like the NORMAL palettes "More Options" they could be available all the time or collapsed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Button to reveal a Layer on "Layer window"

Is there a possibility to create a right-clic option to "reveal on Layer window" from any object? Sometimes when I receive some .ai files, everything is un-organized and must travel over layers and layers... This option is in After Effects and is very helpful.
    Thanks for reading!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this now with the Locate Object button in the bottom of the Layers panel.

However, this is not an automatic thing. If you wish to have an option for it to be automatic, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/39104935-automatic-locate-object

If you want to be able to assign a hotkey to it without wrapping it into an action, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/34798945-add-keyboard-shortcut-for-locate-object-button-in

10. The new button layout

I have found that the new button layout is not intuitive. I understand from talking with support that this is supposed to help new users. I don't think the extra steps to use certain functions is helpful, especially if you are coming from applications where all the buttons are readily available in the sidebar. Perhaps using a search bar mixed with the old layout style would be helpful. New users could search for their tool, while old users could access the tool they need more quickly. Perhaps also merging the top tool bar style and functionality in photoshop into illustrator.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Same Place shortcut key as in After Effects

Why not use the same shortcut key as After Effects for 'placing' images i.e.. Apple or CTRL 'i'. Using the 'Shift' CTRL P is awkward. Photoshop should also have the same shortcut key. Different shortcuts for different Adobe programs slow downs users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Missing properties for properties panel

1. When i select a text in a mask with direct selection tool or text tool the character and paragraph properties are not visible in the properties panel.
    2. Although align to artboard button is selected align panel is not visible in the properties panel if only one item is selected.
    3. Select same or object menu must be located in the properties panel like on the control bar.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. recorte de Imagen - mejorar funcionalidad

Crop Image Function

Sería interesante contar con controles flotantes cuando se hace uso de la herramienta de Crop Image porque uno hace uso de la misma con los márgenes activos de corte pero luego debe confirmar el recorte haciendo clic en boton ubicado en la barra de las propiedades de la la herramienta, generando así una distracción en su uso y pérdida de tiempo.

Además la herramienta de corte todavía no es inteligente al sugerir cortes y todo el tiempo se debe volver a ajustar el recorte.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Illustrator icon

I don't know if it annoys anyone else but it drives me crazy the Photoshop icon has rounded corners and the Illustrator icon has sharp corners. Why aren't all the Adobe icons either rounded or sharp, just be consistent!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rounding errors when changing the unit

When working pixel-perfect, e.g. for creating icons, I switch the unit to pixels and the standard move distance to 1 px. After changing it to mm for different projects and then going back to pixels, it always goes to 1.0001 px distance - which means 2 px. Please fix this rounding error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shape-mode

Just as there is an outline-view, there should be a shape-view. I am incredibly tired of having to guess which parts of a path are part of a shape.

There should be a mode where the focus is the shapes that have been defined (e.g. through pathfinder or manually), and the status of any line in relation to a shape.

The overview should differentiate the status of every component by colour (e.g. part of a shape, part of multiple shapes, part of compound path etc) and then allow you to click on any element and see a list of which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please comeback to moving objects with arrowkeys and escape from any tool with "esc"

Please comeback to moving objects with arrowkeys and escape from any tool with "esc"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow color coded top layers

Please allow us to color code the top layer/s. For those whom have to work with 30 plus layers the tiny color slice indicator (which is just the color of the selected vector line, not the layer) is not enough. If I could color code the layers it would speed up my job significantly and our company. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Selection dependent tool display (context sensitive)

In Adobe Illustrator, I find myself searching for tool panels a lot.
    How great would it be when Ai only displays relevant tool panels,

For instance:

-Selecting the Eyedropper brings up color related panels, and the Info panel
    -Selecting Paths brings up Pathfinder, Stroke and Fill
    -Selecting Text brings up Paragraph and Character

E.g: currently, it can happen that Pathfinder hides a type related panel, while text is selected.
    Pathfinder is not relevant at that moment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why is there no illustrator workspace file location?

why is there no illustrator workspace file location? i need to control workspaces that i save as the way they are currently handled is rubbish. why cant i save the workspace as a file? please make this possible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base