5 results found
all text,4 votes
- My OS is win7 Professional service pack 1
- When i want to Duplicate a shape he short cut Ctrl+D won't apply, when they do work they undo which is not what i want.
- I was expecting the function to duplicate the shape, but it didn't.
- it either it undo or just won't do anything
Ctrl + D in Illustrator does not duplicate. There is no such a command, unfortunately. Instead this hotkey does another useful operation by default, it repeats the last applied transformation again — like if you move something to the right, you can move it (or any other shape) again, with the same distance.
However, I agree that Duplicate command is something Ai might benefit from. Hitting Ctrl+C, Ctrl+F is still twice longer than one hotkey, and is nowhere instant, So please vote here for having it:
Version: CC18 (22.0.0) 64bit Windows 7
a) Draw out area text box using type tool and type a few words
b) Double click to convert to auto-size (or set check mark in Area Type Options)
c) Area type options > Offset - Inset spacing: any value other than 0 - note: this step is not required to recreate the bug I've included as the stroke below would look odd without it.
d) Using Direct Selection Tool (white arrow) select an anchor point from the area type box
e) Apply a stroke of any size
f) Using the Selection…1 vote
probably a user error but above my pay grade1 vote
Closing the issue as per comment from user.
When I type english text in a text box, it gets converted to chinese characters whenever I use the space bar.
1. Draw a text box
2. type a word and press space bar
3. attached screenshot is what I get after step 2.
4. I expect a space to be added instead of having my text converted to another language.1 vote
It seems to be the IME behavior, therefore we are closing this ticket as of now.
- Don't see your idea?