1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

768 results found

1. Multi tab function

As on the desktop it would extremely helpful to have two or more projects open by means of two tabs. This helps in the transfer of data and manipulation in design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. pourquoi sur la partie de droite les pavés sont en anglais, les propriété et bibliothèque

pourquoi sur la partie de droite les pavés sont en anglais, les propriété et bibliothèque

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Guide Labels

I would love the ability to label my guides. In fact maybe a hole overhaul to the guide system. In After Effects and Premiere you can add Composition Markers, give them comments and adjust their perimeters. It would be great if you could do that for guides.

On the rulers will show a marker. Double clicking the marker will bring up the Guide Controls. or when you select 'New Guide' from the drop down menu, Guide Controls takes place of the window that currently gets displayed.

I would love this across all programs: Photoshop, After Effects, and the like, not…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Un doigt posé sur l’écran…

… pendant que le stylet est poseé, ferait afficher un menu.
    À moins qu’il n’y ait la possibilité de faire la différence entre le toucher du doigt et celui du stylet : stylet pour dessiner, doigt pour les sous-menus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Two Inconsistencies: current document name centered in the app header, Duplicate Layer in the context menu

I have always found Adobe apps to be consistent across all of the apps. But I noticed two in consistencies in Illustrator, and they bug me. 1. I'd love to see my file name centered at the top of the application. 2. I'd love to be able to right click in the Layer panel to duplicate a layer.

Of course, let me know if I am over looking something.

Ben

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Windows start menu tile color bug in windows version 20H2

So after updating my windows version to 20H2 (2009),
    I found out both of the PCs have the same problem of the weird background color of the pinned tile.
    See the picture to have a better understanding.
    I don't know whether this is a windows or adobe's problem.
    But it only happens on adobe apps

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right click menu for typography

One of my biggest pet peeves working with fonts in Illustrator is when I am switching fonts within a document. When I highlight copy then right click to bring up the menu to change to a "recent" font, I have to scroll through the "fonts" option which sometimes engages to open but has a huge delay because it has to read ALL my fonts first. Why not reverse the order of these two menu items? I believe it would be a nice enhancement everyone would enjoy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reflect in Transform window

In the Transform window (Window > Transform), you can resize, rotate, move, shear, but not reflect. How come ? Why not systematically give the user the choice between window commands and menu commands? After all these years?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 右クリック メニュー

オブジェクトを選択してすぐに、右クリックでメニューを出したくてもでません。数秒空けるか、カーソルを少しズラすか、control+左クリックであればメニューが出るのですが、CS時代の操作方法に慣れているので、オブジェクトを選択して即座に右クリックができる方が断然使いやすいので、改善してください。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tool nesting groups

I'm on a laptop. With the nested tools off to my right you can organize them to be in little clusters when you use them. Its great. When you have the three window options for color / gradient / swatches it would be nice to be able to click and drag a swatch onto the tab of one of the nested sets for a second and have it switch to the underlying window. For example, you drag a swatch square onto the gradient tab and then you could drop the swatch color right into the gradient slider. Now, you have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable default shortcuts

Illustrator has an insane number of available shortcuts all enabled by default. As a casual user of Illustrator, I end up accidentally pressing a random configuration of keys simultaneously, only to then have to spend half an hour figuring out what happened and which keys I need to press to undo my mistake.

Some of the default shortcuts are simply too advanced for casual users and should be disabled by when starting on a new account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make the units setting bound to the files, or at least change with workspaces!

Adding to this idea:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/32403850-make-units-and-grid-settings-to-be-bound-to-file#comments

I work with both printed and digital formats, on top of that much of my work is multilingual, involving English, Japanese, Portuguese and other languages (at least we don't deal with LTR type... for the time!).

As such, I'm constantly changing units from mm to pixels and points, type from points to mm to Q, it's a mess! And I do that several times a day.

I guess the easier path would be to bind the units settings to the workspaces, as binding to the files would require changing the .ai format. But what do…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a default option that lets you choose whether or not edges are shown.

I print labels and we require proof approval from customers. This means the files I end up using ultimately get opened by at least 3 people. Any number of these people can save the files so that edges are hidden, however, on my end, I always want edges shown so I can better see where they are in relation to the white cut box (FXCUT) that's against the white background. I also maintain our proof templates, which, similarly, ends up being opened by multiple people.

The idea I propose is that there be a global default setting for each iteration…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right align Export destination folder path text on Export for Screens window

My suggestion is to have the 'folder path' text be right aligned in the text box, to have the export destination be more accessible, instead of the root folders.

Currently, I have to click into the folder path text box, then click + drag to see where my file will export to. This is cumbersome and unnecessary.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make "Transform" in top toolbar show measurments without a click

I wish Illustrator would show the dimensions of a selected object in the toolbar, like InDesign. Currently, I need to click on "toolbar" to make changes. It would be great if this didn't require an extra click. InDesign's toolbar is far more accessible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a floating info box for Color Picker and Guides

When dragging a guide from the ruler, a floating info box with the coordinates would be very helpful.

Same for the color picker - a floating color value box, in addition the Info panel that can be hidden when the tool is active.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adjust handle colors on the fly

Adobe doesn't take colorblindness into account when coloring the handles in Illustrator. I'm not talking about layer colors -- I don't care one whit about layer colors. I'm talking about the associated colors of the handles for the layer, which is the same color as the layer. You can keep layers colors multivariant if you wish, but when working within a document, I simply cannot see the handles when the layer color is against a color in the document that I cannot distinguish between. I've tried resizing the handles, but that does not always make a difference. My only workaround…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Access to sub-layers has disappeared.

Not sure if this is happening to everyone, but the arrows to access my sublayers have gone missing... and the ability to GET to my sublayers went with.

I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted... and it persists.

Thoughts?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customizing any toolbar by right click on any empty space on it

customizing any toolbar by right-clicking in an empty space as well as the three dots underneath any toolbar.
    Illustrator becomes popular for developers around the world and every day there is a new plugin to enhance working in Illustrator. but in some small resolution PC / Laptops when some plugins add new tools the toolbar becomes very tall and could not reach the (customize this toolbar) the three dots that arrange and customizing my tools.
    this feature will allow managing any numbers of tools as well as managing the toolbars itself. and it will improve the user experience related to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. gestures

Make it so Windows version of Adobe programs are capable of all gestures such as zoom and pan/scroll. This works perfectly fine on my MacBook, but on Windows I'm only able to chose if I can scroll/pan or zoom, but cannot zoom and pan. This makes working with the program extremely difficult and infuriating when it's such a simple feature that works in every other basic program.

I don't understand how this is still an issue when this has been posted on every Adobe forum for several years now. Especially now that you can't just purchase and own the programs,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base