When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to disable Rotate View

I think the new rotate view update is great if you want to work from multiple angles. But I’ve found it extremely difficult to work while using my trackpad because when ever I zoom in on my projects rotate view is automatically triggered and I have to keep going back to reset my view. As someone who works on multiple art boards at once this happens in a smaller span of time which tends to become annoying after a while.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nix the Stupid Blue Share Button

Get rid of the stupid giant blue "Share" button in the toolbar. It's very distracting because it looks like I constantly have a notification. And I will never use it. We've been all through this with Acrobat already!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customizable splash screen

Adobe marketing team decides what to display as splash screens. Sometimes the choice is great, and sometimes is not, much more often, to some of us.

And since the Illustrator splash screen is what we see often, and it obviously influence our thought and mood, we’d like to have options to customize it.

We can access the image ourselves, all of them are stored along with other version for different resolution screens at
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\aiccsplash.png (on Windows)
    and packed in the application in Contents\Resources\ (on Macs),
    but this feels like a hack.

What if we…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Curvature Combs and Tunni lines

Two ideas, both aimed at creating smoother curves:

1. curvature combs:
      an additional visual aid that could be enabled/disabled via hotkey or option on a panel that assists the artist/user in evaluating whether a curve is continuously smooth, or whether it needs adjustment. See this blog for a quick coded breakdown:
      https://observablehq.com/@jrus/curvature-comb
      see this webpage for more traditional curvature combs with lines perpendicular to the curved path, in proportion to the path's curvature at that point:
      http://www.bluesmith.co.uk/evaluateComb.htm

2. Tunni lines:
      an additional assist/handle for helping a user more precisely adjust a curve (or multiple curves), both symmetrically and asymmetrically.
      See this example…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 変形効果ダイアログにも縦横比を固定ボタンが欲しい

変形パネルのWHのサイズ欄には縦横比を固定するボタンがあって便利です。変形効果ダイアログにも同じボタンがあるとより便利に使えると思うのです。

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete Hidden Layers command - Innapropriately named?

The latest version of Illustrator (25.3) introduces a new command in the flyout menu of the Layers palette. It is called Delete Hidden Layers.

It's a useful command, but it also deletes hidden groups and objects inside visible layers and visible groups as well. These are not what most Illustrator users would describe as 'Layers' and thus the naming of this command may cause a lot of trouble.

There should perhaps be at least two or three different commands: Delete Hidden Layers and Delete Hidden Objects and Delete All Hidden Items.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have an option to add your OWN sizes to the New Document Window

Add an option to the "Saved" tab on the "New Document Window" to add your own Template/Documents. i.e I want to add a blank template for A5 size and always have it handy when I create a New Document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. プロパティパネルのアピアランス部分に濃度設定を追加してほしい

現状のアピアランスパネルでは塗りや線の色を設定する際に塗りのアイコン部分をクリックするとスウォッチが開き素早くカラーを変更可能です。しかし、そのスウォッチに対して薄い色が欲しい場合、開いたパネルで1回ボタンをクリックすることによりカラーパレット表示に切り替えた上での調整が必須です。
    この手順はワンクッション増加するためにプロパティパネル上の不透明度の設定を調整することで代替してしまうというワークフローが増加しています。これはデータ上に安易に透明効果を適用した部分を増加させる事に繋がり、適切な設定を施されないままトラブル誘発の原因となってしまっています。
    なにより、不透明度を下げるという事はその下の情報を表示する事に繋がりますから色を薄く設定するという意図からはかけ離れた行為であると言えるでしょう。
    また、以下のチュートリアルにおいても色を薄くする目的でに安易に不透明度の利用を勧めています。

https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/illustrator/how-to/basics-essentials-workspace-illustrator.html

この説明はまずいです。塗りの濃度調整及び不透明度の設定はそれぞれ明確な使い所が存在し、適切に使い分けるべき機能です。

さて、ここで提案なのですが、InDesignの様にプロパティパネルのアピアランス部分の「塗り」と「線」の項目に濃度の設定項目を追加していただきたいと思います。
    InDesignとはスウォッチの性質が異なるのですが、設定したスウォッチに対して濃度の項目で設定した数値を単純に割合として計算した数値のカラーを適用出来れば問題ないと考えます。
    添付の機能追加提案分の画像の赤で囲んだ部分のイメージのようにしてはいかがでしょうか。
    こうする事でユーザーは簡単に塗りや線の濃度を調整可能となります。

ぜひご検討頂けたらと思います。

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add copy/apply choice to Offset Path

Most of the time, when using the Object > Path > Offset Path tool, I need to replace the original path, rather than add an offset copy of it. Currently, this requires me to offset the path (often multiple at once) and then delete the existing paths.

It would be much easier if Offset Path offered the same choice of "OK"(Apply and replace original path) and "Copy" as the transform tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select a stroke using its preview bounds

Stroke is immune to a selection. To select an object with a bold stroke, you have to precisely click the actual edge of it or marquee through it.

There is an option to make the bounding box include strokes, 'Use Preview Bounds', but it doesn’t affect this behaviour.

It’d be nice to have a separate option that allows users to click anywhere on a stroke and select the object with it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Absolute mode that always sets a fill a single click and stroke with the Alt+click/right click

Setting a color for fill and stroke depends on what is 'active' in the toolbox. This is a relative mode mode and it's unique for Adobe apps (and their imitators/imitators).

What about giving a direct way of setting fill/stroke, without remembering which is in focus now? somewhat like Corel Draw does?
    Give us an option to be able to set a fill with a single click, and a stroke with the Alt+click (and additionally bringing it to focus), or right click.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add option- Save changes to this Workspace

We frequently make changes to a workspace and want to update the changes in that workspace. But there is no option in Illustrator to do that. So, please add an option of- Save changes to this workspace.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Zoom factor that shows all artboards

I'd like to have an additional zoom factor in the zoom drop down field that says "All artboards" that zooms out so far that all artboards are visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Loop blend modes when custom assigned hotkeys are used

Photoshop has default hotkeys for looping through blend modes, Shift+Plus and Shift+Minus. Illustrator can have these assigned too (in Keyboard Shortcuts, in Tools section), but they behave differently — when the end of the list is reached you can't jump to the beginning.

That is pressing Shift+Plus does not take you to Normal from Luminosity. Strangely enough, Shift+Minus does choose Luminosity when you are on Normal!

To maintain consistence between apps, this should be changed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix annoying save bug after adjusting UI preferences

I just encountered an annoying save bug that caused me to lose 90 minutes of work in Illustrator. Here is the sequence of events:

•  I opened an existing document in AI, with the intention of changing it and saving as something else.

• I opened preferences and made a minor UI adjustment (tweaked the size of my tool bar).

• Dialog #1 stated that changes will not occur until you restart AI. Would you like to restart? Yes/No.

• I selected YES (without thinking), under the assumption that I would be given the option to 'save as.'

• Dialog #2…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UI Scaling for Macs without 1920 x 1080 resolution (on a MacBook Pro 13" M1)

Hello, I would like to have UI scaling for smaller Macs that do not have or meet the resolution listed (ie 1920 x 1080).

I am on a 13" Mac and it is difficult to see my toolbars at its current size and don't have a solution to improve it. This feature would aide in stronger accessibility to those who have vision impairment or challenges. Thank you for considering this change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. search for tools by name when editing the toolbar

When editing the tools that are in the toolbar we are confronted with a big panel full of tools. The recent update that categorizes them and allows for a grid view is very helpful. However, I still find myself scrolling down and up trying to find the particular tool I would like to add to the toolbar because it's so easy to miss it. If there were a little search bar at the top where we could type the name of the tool we are trying to locate to pair down the options it would be a much nicer/quicker experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save Custom Workspaces to Adobe Cloud Account

I recently had to reinstall all of my Adobe software, and was very annoyed to learn that, despite Adobe forcing me to use cloud-based software and continuously telling me to "save files to the cloud", the cloud does NOT store and retain ANY of my custom settings for the workspace. I've now had to spend at least 20 minutes in each program resetting the "Settings" features as well as repopulating the sidebars with my desired panels. Every time, I have saved these workspaces because that is what I like. But NEVER has Adobe been able to sync these to my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make title bar of inactive window look different from an active one

On Windows there is no way to tell Illustrator window in focus from inactive one, even when a corresponding option in OS preferences is on.

And every time Ai is not in focus you can’t use hotkeys.
    Please make at least something dynamic to tell if the window is in focus! Like it was before. Icon changing color at least.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open Library file

It would be great if the initial Illustrator screen included an "open from Library" option. This may already be there but if it is, it was not obvious enough for me to find 😬. I often want to edit or open library assets and I think it would be great if I didn't have to create a new file in order to be able to open library items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base