When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn off effects in outline mode

I never really understood why effects are loaded in the background in outline mode. Why is it necessary to load an effect when you don't even see it? I thought the purpose of outline mode was for when the artwork have become heavy and takes longer time to load. The usual reason why my artwork becomes so heavy is because of all the effects I use. I wish I could switch to outline mode for quick edits instead of having to wait for the effect to load every time I do a tiny adjustment. Effects should be turned off in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transparency lost in Image Trace

Transparency of .png images is lost if using the image trace option. So my already transparent picture now has a white background if I use image trace, unless I use sketched art which does not provide the look I want. All the options should be transparent, especially if the original file is already.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop with the supersampling export artboard option!!!!!!

Seriously its becoming an irritating issue. Everytime when i want to export many artboard one short, i have to make sure i select supersampling....... otherwise it'll come out pixelated. I'm working in a fast pace environment and i can't keep double check on that option. why not just automatic just make sure the res at 72dpi come out the best appearance? Please fix this. Because if someone wants it to be lower appearance than hey, pls do click this more option. Really irritate me. Here is an image. Left, supersampling, right is not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatisches Textfeld, das sich an den Text anpasst

Bei Infografiken werden kurze Texte oft mit farbigen Flächen hinterlegt. Cool wäre eine Funktion in Illustrator, welche einen Textblock oder eine Textzeile automatisch mit so einer Fläche hinterlegt. Optional könnte man Farbe, Eckenradius, Transparenz, Grösse (über den Text hinaus) usw. bestimmen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Behind blurr effect

Can we have blurr behind like in adobe Xd .

This would be great for designing if you need to blurr multiple objects in full or partially rather than adjusting for each layer or shape .Its a long process just to partially blurr an object because you have to play around with clip mask , but if there was a blurr behind feature it would be easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Object Repeat

First of all, I'm LOVING the new object repeat function! This is one of the best new features to be added to Illustrator in a long time! With that said, it's still a bit rudimentary in it's functionality (at least when it comes to the radial repeat). It would be great if you could add the option to choose the rotation angle of the object when you repeat it. For example: If I have a star shape and I want to repeat the star but keep the top point facing up I should have the option to do so. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Untie the Transform Patterns checkbox in General Options and Transform Effect dialog.

Sometimes (actually pretty often) it is necessary to alter a pattern size for one single object. So you go to Appearance -> Fill -> Effects -> Distort and Transform -> Transform and there you have checkboxes to chose whether to transform object or pattern or both and that is great.
    But once you have done this (for one single object) this setting changes the general Option under Preferences->General and this setting affects the entire app, not this file only and you must change it back each time. And that is not that great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dégradé de forme

Outil dégradé de forme

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. warp Effect not working

I used to be able to take a straight line and make it wavy with the Effect > Warp > Wave effect - I see that there was a previous 'resolved' ticket on this - it is NOT resolved. I have been using Illustrator for over 25 years and have never seen this app in such a bad state. I am spending more time here today flagging bugs than working on my projects today. I hope you understand how frustrating ALL these bugs are when you are trying to get a project out the door and a client is screaming…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Effect units bound to global units.

I am working with "mm" most of the time. However, when I use effects, I have to guess the right amount, since those are in "pixel" most of the time.
    As an example, feather or blur, and many more.

It would be nice if the units would change with the units used in the file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drop shadows and blurs!!

The ability to use Gaussian blur or motion blur for highlights and drop shadows would be magnificent. I currently have to use Procreate and then attempt vectorizing the rasterized image and it’s not looking how I want it to look. I’m still learning the iPad illustrator app and it’s coming along. Keep up the good work!! Also, the ability to Sheer a shape for perspective uses. Affinity designer has this ability in the transform area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Effects ( fx ) drag and drop

Just like in Abode Indesign, when you apply an effect to type or object all you have to do is drag & drop the "fx" icon in the appearance bar to the type or object you wish to apply that effect to.

Adding this same feature will increase productivity when adding multiple effects and create a more cohesive work from program to program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Paint, Draw, Spatter on Vector like Raster for Visual turn DigitL Artisans

It takes conversations like this to know what customers want to dive into if they see adobe, & for years I tried but run away from adobe it was extreme even illustrator it didn’t feels like the art drawing, medium, etc. I grew up learning. No one grew up as a child to use adobe. But they can if it feels like it on screen. You are #1 and growing too, my voice hopefully adds more light that. Combine easier icons that newbies know, more raster in style (rebelle,artrage), but adobe all in one vector that combines the two, for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the Add Blending Mode

In other CC apps 'Add' is available.
    Please make this available in Ai as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A 3D outline Preview option;

no fill just an outline. It would be of value to minimize operating memory and provide a preview of design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to create seamless patterns on iPad version

An easy way to create seamless patterns out of the user’s drawings or creations on the iPad version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alternative 'Object width/height' and gap options under Effect > Transform > Move

A couple of checkboxes in that panel for the dynamic size of the object could be handy. A gap value would also be great for the static gaps around multiplied objects. I've experienced 2 similar cases where that option could save me time:

1) Create an object and use 'Effect > Transform' panel to create copies, giving a horizontal or vertical move value. Then edit the object and change its bounding box. They either overlap or the gap between them widens.

2) Create the left half of a graphic you want dynamically be mirrored onto the right side. To use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Artboard Textures

Textured artboard choice, ie canvas, wood, concrete, liquid etc.
    When new drawings happen all the work reacts according to the artboard type, ie lineworks degrade if on a canvas texture. I know this can be simulated afterwards but the linework or colour fills don’t degrade accurately, it’s more a superimposition.
    I also realise this would take an awful lot of computing power!
    Nick

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base